CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, April 20, 2017, at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis
Proclamation: Child Abuse Prevention Month
Announcements from Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider Approving The Consent Agenda As Follows:
- a) Approve meeting minutes for Regular Council meeting on March 23, 2017.
- b) Accept Reports
(1) Monthly Investment Report for the month of March, 2017.
(2) First Bank and Trust report summary for the month of March, 2017.
(3) Employee & Contract list /Golf Course Membership Report
End of Consent Agenda
- Hear monthly supervisor reports from the City of Seymour departments: Administrative,
Finance, Police, Electric, Street/Park, Water/Swr/RO, SFREC/Pool, EDD and written report
from Emergency Management.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Transmission Operator information received
from Schneider Engineering.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Chamber of Commerce Board
of Directors Gaile and Mike Myers. Requesting financial assistance for the WPA (Rock
house) at the City Park.
- Review and approve the Second Quarter Investment Report, as presented by City of
Seymour Investment Officers.
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2017-02, an ordinance repealing the City of
Seymour Building Codes, Article Sections 3.200, 3.202, 3.203, 3.204, 3.206, 3.207 and
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2017-03, an ordinance repealing the City of
Seymour Minimum Housing Code, Article 3.300, in its entirety.
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2017-04, an ordinance repealing the City of
Seymour Plumbing Code, Article 3.400, in its entirety.
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2017-05, an ordinance repealing the City
of Seymour Electrical Installation Code, Article 3.502 to 3.517.
- Discuss, review and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid the month of
- Discuss, review and take action on the City of Seymour City Pool fees and schedule for
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1429, a resolution
amending the City of Seymour Budget 2016-2017, making a budget adjustment
regarding the RO Plant Department.
- Take Action and remove tabled agenda item from the March 23, 2017, Regular
City Council meeting regarding mowing fees.
- Discuss, consider and take action on mowing fees regarding the Baylor County
Appraisal District properties.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local
Government Code under §551.074: Personnel Matters; Merit performances.
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive Session.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this the 17th day of April, 2017, by 3:30 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary – TRMC