CITY OF SEYMOUR-CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Regular City Council Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance led by MPT Jon Hrncirik
Statement of appointed officer to Council Place # 1 Appointee, by Mayor Pro-Tem Hrncirik
Swearing in of Council Place #1 Appointee, for an un-expired term due to the resignation of Les Hons.
Announcements: (At this time, Mayor Pro-Tem Jon Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions and or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve January 17, 2019, Regular Called Meeting Minutes and Special Called Meeting Minutes for February 1, 2019.
b.) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- First Bank & Trust accounts report summary
- Employee List/Golf Course Membership total
- 4. Administrative & Supervisor reports
End of Consent Agenda
- Hear presentation regarding Mitigation Planning by John Hostas, Emergency Management Coordinator.
- Hear presentation of annual audit, as prepared by Jeff Gregg, C.P.A., Eide Bailly Firm, contracting with City of Seymour for Budget Year 2017-2018.
- Discuss and take action to accept the annual audit as prepared and presented by Eide Bailly Firm.
Public Hearing #1 will begin
- The City of Seymour will hold a public hearing regarding a rezoning request by Elizabeth Hostas, for 705 N. Cedar Street, also known as Lot 9, North 5 feet of Lot 8, Block 5, Morris Addition. This request is for the purpose of any future expansion of their current business, Ride Clean Car Wash, or any other business, located at 300 W. California Street.
Public hearing #2 will begin
- The City of Seymour will hold a public hearing regarding the current Unsafe, Dangerous, or Hazardous Buildings and Structures ordinance.
Public hearing #3 will begin
- The City of Seymour will hold a public hearing regarding the current Livestock ordinance.
Public hearings close and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding rezone request from Elizabeth Hostas, for 705 N. Cedar Street.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2019-02, an ordinance repealing all past ordinances, regarding Unsafe, Dangerous, or Hazardous buildings and structures.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2019-03, an ordinance repealing all past ordinances, regarding Livestock.
- Discuss, consider and take action to accept the Annual Police Contact Data Report, known as the Racial Profile Report, as presented by Seymour Police Chief Mike Griffin.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Bucket Truck bids for the Electric Department.
Versalift Southwest, L.L.C. $119,174.00 plus delivery fee of $ 412.00
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve the city bills paid in January, 2019.
- Authorize City Staff to advertise for City Wide Spring Clean up Week to be held Saturday, April 13th through Sunday, April 21st, 2019.
- Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Report, as presented by Jason Bench, R.O. Supervisor.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the purchase of a water slide for the City of Seymour Pool.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Salt Fork River Estate rules and guidelines.
- Discuss, re-consider and take action, regarding the July 19, 2018, decision made regarding MHMR location.
- Discuss and give direction to Finance Director, Mary Griffin, regarding the acceptance of Memorial Donations for James Standlee.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under Section § 551.071; Consultation with City Attorney and Section § 551.072; Real Property with potential litigation regarding 312 E. Lincoln Street.
Executive Session will close and Regular Meeting will resume
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberation during Executive Session.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items
Listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true
and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday,
February 15, 2019, at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary T.R.M.C.