CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Regular City Council Meeting will be held on Thursday, January 17, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance led by MPT Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from Mayor Pro-Tem: (At this time, MPT Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by MPT, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve December 13, 2018, Special Called minutes and December 20, 2018, Regular minutes.
(b.) Accept Reports
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First Bank & Trust accounts report summary
3. Employee List/ Salt Fork membership report
4. Administrator and Supervisor reports
(c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Quarter One (1) Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
2. The City of Seymour will hold a Public hearing regarding the request from Angie Morrow for 201 N. East Street, Lot 13, Block 18, Original Addition, comprised of 0.115 acres. This issuance is for a specific use variance, for a temporary residence, by way of a camper trailer, for 12 months after City Council approval.
Public Hearing will close and Second Public Hearing to begin
3. The City of Seymour will hold a Public hearing regarding a request from TxDot, to establish a speed zone of 60 MPH, located and described as FM 2582, from MP 3.460 to 3.865, within the City limits of Seymour, Texas.
Public hearings close and Regular meeting will resume
4. Discuss, consider and take action regarding a specific use variance request from Angie Morrow, for 201 N. East Street.
5. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2019-01, establishing a speed zone change at FM 2582, within the City limits of Seymour, Texas, per request from TxDot.
6. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve or deny the appeal request from Tabatha Lane, regarding a variance for the Subdivision of Lot 3, Block T, of the Miller Addition, comprised of .482 acres, located and known as 508 S. Oak Street.
7. Approve General Election Orders for Saturday, May 4, 2019, for the City of Seymour, Mayoral position, Council place #2 and Council place #4, for a two year term.
8. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1477, appointing Judges and Clerks for the City of Seymour General Election for Saturday, May 4, 2019.
9. Discuss, consider and take action to retain the firm of Jacob and Martin, Inc., for the City of Seymour Fiscal Year 2019.
10. Discuss and approve the City of Seymour account payable bills paid in December of 2018.
11. Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Report as received from Jason Bench, R.O. Plant Supervisor.
12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Digital Code option with Kirk Franklin Legal Publishing.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
13. An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.071: Consultation with City Attorney regarding Shopko contract.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
14. Discuss and take action resulting from deliberation during Executive session.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted, Monday, the 14TH day of January, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC