CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A re-scheduled Regular City Council Meeting, to be held on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time the Mayor will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- a) Approve Special Called City Council Meeting on May 9, 2019.
- b) Accept Reports
1.) Monthly Investment Report
2.) First Bank & Trust accounts report summary
3.) Employee/Contract List & Golf Course Membership Report
4.) Written monthly reports from Administrator and Supervisors
End of Consent Agenda
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve the AMERESCO Investment Grade Audit.
- Mitigation Plan presented by Emergency Management Coordinator, John Hostas.
- Discuss and review the Water Well Report as presented by City Administrator Steve Biedermann.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the cleaning contract bids received for the
Portwood Arts & Civic Center from the following:
Ashley Ross $300.00/monthly
Dustin Graves $400.00/monthly
Faye Hollar $440.00/monthly
Catlin Donnell $500.00/monthly
Kayla Copeland & Mona Hernandez $500.00/bi-weekly
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills
paid the month of April, 2019.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the mowing contract bid(s) received for the
up keeping of the grounds at the City Park and the old auditorium from the following:
McMorris Landscaping & Design $18, 000.00
Regan Hollar $45, 000.00
8.Discuss, consider and take action regarding 107 N. Oak Street, dba The Ice House Event
Venue, and designate the venue as a locally recognized Historical Site.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding a lease for 15 E-Z-GO Golf Carts for Salt
Fork River Estates Complex.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas
Local Gov. Code under §551.074-Personnel Matters; Candidate for City Council position
#3, to fill a one year un-expired term.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberation from Executive Session.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City
Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I
posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all
times, and said notice posted this the 20th day of May 2019, by 4:00 p.m.
at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
City Secretary- Conchita Torrez, TRMC