CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Josh Sosolik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s Questions and/ or Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for Thursday, October 19, 2017, and Special Called Meeting Minutes for Friday, October 27, 2017.
- 1. Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/SFRE Membership Total Report
- Administration and Supervisor monthly reports
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- 2. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for the Selenium Project from the following: Young Contracting LLC, Heritage Constructors, Inc., Dowtech Specialty Contractors and Texas Water & Soil, Inc.
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
- The City of Seymour will conduct a Public hearing regarding request from Cody Holub, to re-zone Lots 3, 4 and 5, Block 1 of the Stevens Addition, located on North Donald Street, from an R-1 Residential to a B-2 Commercial Zone.
Public hearing closes and regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take to approve Ordinance No. 2017-08, an ordinance to approve request from Cody Holub, to re-zone lots 3, 4, and 5, Block 1 of the Stevens Addition, located on North Donald Street, from an R-1 Residential to a B-2 Commercial Zone.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding a $5,000 donation request from the Seymour Youth Baseball and Softball Association, to upgrade or replace press boxes.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1454, a resolution of the City of Seymour, for Fiscal Year 2016-2017, over and under 5K.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City of Seymour bills paid the month of
- Discuss, consider and take action to change December 21, 2017, Regular City Council meeting to either Tuesday, December 12, 2017 or Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session (s) will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under § 551.071; Consultation with City Attorney regarding liability for work performed on sewer line.
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under §551.074- Personnel: Clarification regarding Sick Leave Incentive.
Executive Session ends and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberation with City Attorney on liability for sewer lines.
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from executive session regarding Sick Leave Incentive.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday, November 13, 2017, at 3:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC