CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, December 20, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Pro –Tem Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Pro-Tem Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and / or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve meeting minutes from Regular City Council Meeting on Thursday, November 15, 2018, Special Called Council meeting minutes from Tuesday, November 20, 2018 and November 27, 2018.
(b.) Accept Reports:
- Monthly Investment Report
- First Bank & Trust Account Summary Report
- Employee List/ SFRE Membership Total Report
- Administrative and Department Reports
Regular meeting will close and Public hearing begins
- The City of Seymour will hold a Public Hearing regarding the submission of an
application to the Texas Department of Agriculture for a Texas Community Development
Block Grant Program (TxCDBG ) grant.
Public Hearing closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for Engineering Services for
the CDBG Program.
- Discuss, consider and take action to adopt Resolution No. 1476, designating an
Engineering Service Provider to complete application and project related engineering
services for the Texas Department of Agriculture’s 2019-2020, Texas Community
Development Block Grant funding.
- Discuss, consider and take action to adopt Resolution No. 1477, authorizing the
submission of a Texas Community Development Block Grant Application to the Texas
Department of Agriculture for the Community Development Fund.
- Discuss, consider and take action to adopt a Citizen Participation Plan for the City of
- Discuss, consider and approve the City of Seymour bills paid for the month of
- Discuss, consider and give direction to Jay Barrington, Electric Supervisor, regarding
the request of a bucket truck, as approved in the Seymour 2018-2019, budget.
- Discuss and review the Public Nuisance existing ordinance regarding Livestock, Fowl,
or other animal.
- Discuss and review the Public Nuisance existing ordinance regarding Unsafe,
Dangerous, or Hazardous building and structures.
- Discuss and review the water well report as presented by Jason Bench, R.O.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin.
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas
Local Government Code, under §551.074; Police Department, regarding vacation time.
Executive session closes and regular meeting resumes.
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberation on Executive Session.
The City Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon each of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, the 14th day of December, 2018, by 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC