CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Hines will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve December 19, 2013, Regular Meeting Minutes.
(b.) Approve the City Bills for the month of December, 2013.
(c.) Accept REPORTS
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First National Bank accounts report summary
3. Employee List and Salt Fork membership report
(d.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Quarter One (1) Investment Report, as presented by Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
2. Discuss and hear presentation from Corlett, Probst and Boyd, P.L.L.C., Mr. Dean Hinton, regarding Selenium Issue.
3. Discuss, consider and take action to continue and retain the firm of Jacob and Martin
Engineering of Abilene, City Engineers for the consideration of $1.00 per year.
4. Discuss, consider and take action to accept the Annual Police Contact Data Report, known as the Racial Profile Report, as presented by Seymour Police Chief Mike Griffin.
5. Discuss and hear presentation from Lauren Bush, Economic Development Director on future plans and endeavors for the Community.
6. Discuss and take action regarding request from Regan Hollar to connect services on a mobile home located on the 500 block of S. Tackitt Street.
7. Discuss and take action regarding bid received from Tim Verver on property described as: 401 S. Donald Street, N 70’, Lot 1, Blk Q, Miller Addition, for the amount of $600.00.
8. Discuss and take action regarding bid received from William Kehl Jr., on property described as: 209 S. Stratton Street, Lots 11-12, Block 2, Reiman Addition, for the amount of $300.00.
9. Discuss and take action regarding bid received from William Kehl Jr., on property described as: 305 N. Foley Street, N ½ Lot of 8, Lot 9, Block 36, Morris Addition, for the amount of $50.00.
10. Discuss and give Interim City Administrator John Studer direction regarding Knox Waste Service Contract.
11. Discuss and approve Resolution No. 1377, a Resolution amending the 2013-2014, City of Seymour Fiscal Budget, as outlined and described.
12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received on Retaining Wall Project, adjacent to the City Pool.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Sessions begin
13. An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section 551.074: Information to discuss or deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
Personnel Matters: Interim City Administrator Position.
Executive Session closes and Executive Session #2 begins
14. An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section 551.074: Information to discuss or deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee.
Personnel Matters: Municipal Court Judge Position/Applications received.
15. An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section 551.071: Consultation with Attorney Cindy Ayres regarding park information received.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
16. Take action if any resulting from deliberation during Executive Session #1.
17. Take action if any resulting from deliberation during Executive Session #2.
18. Take action if any resulting from deliberation during Executive Session #3.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted, Monday, the 13th day of January, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC