Welcome to our Newsletter!
In this first edition we will be including the
1) April 2, 2020 Emergency Declaration > REGULATIONS ONLY
2) Links to our Economic Development page with information pertaining to SBA Disaster Loans & Paycheck Protection Programs
3) An explanation on how to participate in our LIVE streaming City Council Meetings.All of this information can also be easily accessed from our Website.
See Emergency Declaration in it’s entirety at >>
Web access to the Declaration
MAYORAL DECLARATION OF LOCAL STATE OF DISASTER
Regulations ONLY included here. See full Declaration on our Website.
1. NO MORE THAN 10 CUSTOMERS IN A STORE OR BUSINESS AT ANY TIME. NO MORE THAN 5 CUSTOMERS IN A STORE OR BUSINESS THAT CONTAINS 3,000 SQUARE FEET OF FLOOR AREA OR LESS.
2. GOLF CARTS ARE PROHIBITED ON ANY CITY STREETS, OR HIGHWAYS, WITHIN CITY LIMITS, EXCEPT WHEN DRIVEN BY A LICENSED DRIVER. PEOPLE THAT ARE ON A GOLF CART MUST RESIDE IN THE SAME HOUSEHOLD. THIS ORDER SUSPENDS ORDINANCE NO. 2016-05, UNTIL COVID-19 DISASTER DECLARATION IS RESCINDED.
3. REFRAIN FROM TRAVELING TO ANY COUNTRY, CITY OR STATE WITH MULTIPLE CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19, AS SPECIFIED IN TEXAS GOVERNOR ABBOTT’S MOST CURRENT EXECUTIVE ORDER; BY ANY MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CONDUCTING ESSENTIAL BUSINESS.
4. ANYONE TRAVELING ON COMMERCIAL AIRLINES TO OR FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY OR ANY U.S. CITY AS IDENTIFIED IN TEXAS GOVERNOR ABBOTT’S CURRENT EXECUTIVE ORDER; WILL BE REQUIRED TO QUARANTINE UPON THEIR RETURN TO SEYMOUR, TEXAS, FOR NO LESS THAN 14 CONSECUTIVE DAYS.
5. CURFEW WILL TAKE EFFECT FROM 10:30 P.M. TO 6:00 A.M. UNLESS FOR WORK OR OTHER ESSENTIAL BUSINESS, SUSPENDING ORDINANCE NO. 2016-10, UNTIL COVID-19 DISASTER DECLARATION IS RESCINDED.
6. HAND SANITIZER STATIONS WILL BE LOCATED AT ENTRANCES TO ALL PUBLIC ESTABLISHMENTS.
7. ALL EXECUTIVE ORDERS AND ANY OTHER GUIDELINES FROM TEXAS GOVERNOR ABBOTT REGARDING COVID-19 WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
DECLARED AND APPROVED BY ORDER OF THE MAYOR AND CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SEYMOUR.
SAID REGULATIONS WILL BE EFFECTIVE AS OF APRIL 3, 2020, AT 11:59 P.M.
DECLARED AND UPDATED ON THIS 2ND DAY OF APRIL, 2020.
Jon Hrncirik, Mayor, City of Seymour
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary
You can access business related information on our Website for those interested in learning more about the CARES Act and other stimulus packages.
The Small Business Owners Guide to the CARES Act pdf
The Paycheck Protection Plan Overview & Fact Sheet pdfs
The Essential Worker’s Ag Industry Letter from Sid Miller
Additional information is added as often as we receive it. Please check back for updates often
To make sure that everyone has the ability for their opinions and voices to be heard during our Council Meetings, we have made easy to use and access forms available on our Website. Remember that Citizen Comments are BEFORE a meeting and public Hearing comments pertain to the specific public hearing that is being conducted on that day.
During regular meetings, citizens have the opportunity to submit their comments to Council remotely through the following channels: Send us an EMAIL.
Call us: 940-889-3148
Write to us:
City of Seymour
P.O. Box 301
Seymour TX 76380
In person, citizens have one opportunity to speak to Council – at the beginning of every meeting. Each speaker must complete a Speaker Request Form and submit at meeting to city staff. Available online for prior print-out or at the meeting. The Mayor or Meeting Chair will determine the amount of time people will have to speak.Every person will have the same amount of time to speak.
Public Hearing Comments
During this time, we encourage our citizens to use the Public Hearing Comments Form to submit comments electronically concerning public hearings.Public Hearings are held on an “As Required” basis. Notifications of Public Hearings are printed in the Baylor County Banner newspaper at least 15 days prior to commencing. Other posting locations include:on bulletin board convenient to the public in City Hall, located at 301 N Washington on the the City of Seymour websiteCopyright © 2020 Seymour City Hall Cinema, All rights reserved.