REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
STATEMENTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
The City of Seymour, Texas (the “City”) is seeking to enter into an engineering services contract with a state-registered engineering firm to provide assistance with possible loan, grant or disadvantaged funding through the Texas Water Development Board (“TWDB”). Interested firms may submit RFP/SOQ according to the following criteria. The City of Seymour reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals for any reason deemed to be in the best interest of the City.
I. Scope of Work – The engineering contract will encompass all project-related engineering services for the City, including but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of an Engineering Feasibility Report and, if required an Environmental Information Document in accordance with requirements of the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB)
- Preliminary and final design plans and specifications
- Preparation of the bid packet and construction documents
- Construction phase engineering and inspections (interim and final)
- Other special services as may be required
II. Statement of Qualifications – The City is seeking to contract with a competent engineering firm, registered to practice in the State of Texas, which has had experience in the following areas:
- Experience with water supply projects
- Experience with TWDB-funded construction projects
- Projects located in this region of the state
- Projects incorporating design and construction of water distribution projects
As such, please provide within your proposal a list of past projects with contact information, as well as resumes of all engineers who will or may be assigned to this project, if you are awarded the engineering services contract.
III. Evaluation Criteria – The proposals received will be evaluated and ranked according to the following criteria:
Criteria Maximum Points
Past Work Performance 25
Capacity to Perform 15
Familiarity with this Project 25
Affirmative Action 10
IV. Additional Information
- This contract is contingent upon release of funds from the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB).
- Any contract or contracts awarded under this Invitation for Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP) are expected to be funded in part by a loan from the TWDB. Neither the State of Texas nor any of its departments, agencies, or employees are or will be a party to this IFB, RFP, or any resulting contract.
- RFQ’s are issued in accordance with Section 2254 of the Texas Government Code (Professional Services Act).
- This contract is subject to the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program, which includes EPA-approved fair share goals toward procurement of Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) firms. EPA rules require that applicants and prime contractors make a good faith effort to award a fair share of contracts, subcontracts, and procurements to M/WBEs through demonstration of the six affirmative steps. For more details of the DBE Program and the current, applicable fair share goals, please visit www.twdb.texas.gov/dbe.
- The City of is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap or national origin. Small, minority, and women-owned business enterprises are encouraged to submit proposals.
- Contract Terms and Negotiation Schedule – The consultant for Bond Counsel, Financial Advisor, Engineering and Rate Consultant services is expected to negotiate an agreement for services that is acceptable to the City. If an acceptable contract cannot be negotiated, the City may formally end negotiations and begin negotiating with the next highest qualified person or firm.
- The City reserves the right to negotiate with any and all engineers or firms that submit proposals, as per the Texas Professional Services Act. Qualified SBE, MBE and WBE firms are encouraged to submit proposals in response to this invitation. The City affords Affirmative Action to qualified small, minority and women-owned businesses. Please note that the successful respondent is required to make a “good faith effort” toward affording opportunity for qualified SBE, MBE, and WBE participation and submit, if required, supporting documentation to the TWDB.
V. Receipt of Proposals
If your firm is interested in being considered as the Engineer for the City, proposals must be received no later than 5:00 PM (local time) on Friday, February 2, 2024, at the office of the City. One (1) copy of the proposal must be sealed and clearly marked on the face of the shipping material “TWDB ENGINEERING RFP”.
City of Seymour
P.O. Box 31
Seymour, Texas 76380