REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
To provide advice and professional recommendations to the City of Seymour, Texas (the “City”) for various capital financing projects and provide assistance with possible loan, grant or disadvantaged funding through the Texas Water Development Board (“TWDB”).
- INTENT OF PROPOSAL
The City is soliciting Request for Proposals (“RFP”) and Statement of Qualifications from interested qualified professionals to provide: strategic financial planning; analysis of market conditions; recommended investments of bond proceeds; and provide recommendations to the Cityfor financing through programs established by TWDB. The City reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals for any reason it finds to be in the best interest of the City.
The City seeks to afford the opportunity for qualified SBE, MBE, and WBE firms to propose to provide the services described herein.
- SCOPE OF SERVICES
The services to be provided by the Financial Advisor shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direction and coordination of all programs of financing, specifically including preparation and coordination of filing an application with the TWDB for loan or grant assistance
- Advise the City of current bond market conditions
- Recommend method of sale of debt instruments
- Advise publications of forthcoming sales
- Arrange for reports of independent consultants
- Recommend as to the advisability of obtaining credit ratings and coordinate preparation and submission of information to rating agencies
- Coordinate, prepare and submit required information to recognized bond insurance companies for insurance qualification, including for a TWDB loan
- Coordinate efforts for delivery of debt instruments and preparation and verification of closing figures
- Maintain liaison with Bond Counsel in preparation of all legal documents
- Counsel in selection of paying agent/registrar
- Print all debt instruments
- Deliver schedule of annual debt requirements on debt instruments
- Attend meetings as requested
- Advise of changes in Federal and State laws and regulations
- Advise on investment of funds as requested
- Advise and assist in exercising any call and/or refunding
- Advise and assist in the development of long-range financing plan
- Provide all financing planning services as requested
- Testify in litigation as requested
- Make recommendation on matters of credit enhancement
- STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
The Proposer shall provide a description of the history and background of the firm, identification of the services currently being provided to municipalities in Texas and other information relevant to the provision of Financial Advisory services. The following information shall be included in your proposal:
- This contract is contingent upon release of funds from the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB).
- Any contract or contracts awarded under this Invitation for Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP) are expected to be funded in part by a loan from the TWDB. Neither the State of Texas nor any of its departments, agencies, or employees are or will be a party to this IFB, RFP, or any resulting contract.
- RFQ’s are issued in accordance with Section 2254 of the Texas Government Code (Professional Services Act).
- This contract is subject to the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program, which includes EPA-approved fair share goals toward procurement of Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) firms. EPA rules require that applicants and prime contractors make a good faith effort to award a fair share of contracts, subcontracts, and procurements to M/WBEs through demonstration of the six affirmative steps. For more details of the DBE Program and the current, applicable fair share goals, please visit www.twdb.texas.gov/dbe.
- The City of is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, handicap or national origin. Small, minority, and women-owned business enterprises are encouraged to submit proposals.
- Contract Terms and Negotiation Schedule – The consultant for Bond Counsel, Financial Advisor, Engineering and Rate Consultant services is expected to negotiate an agreement for services that is acceptable to the City. If an acceptable contract cannot be negotiated, the City may formally end negotiations and begin negotiating with the next highest qualified person or firm.
- The City reserves the right to negotiate with any and all engineers or firms that submit proposals, as per the Texas Professional Services Act. Qualified SBE, MBE and WBE firms are encouraged to submit proposals in response to this invitation. The City affords Affirmative Action to qualified small, minority and women-owned businesses. Please note that the successful respondent is required to make a “good faith effort” toward affording opportunity for qualified SBE, MBE, and WBE participation and submit, if required, supporting documentation to the TWDB.
D. SELECTION CRITERIA
The City shall use the following selection criteria and point system to evaluate and score each proposal.
|Capacity to perform
|Familiarity with the City and TWDB
F. RECEIPT OF PROPOSALS
If your firm is interested in being considered as Financial Advisor for the City, proposals must be received no later than 5:00 PM (local time) on Friday, February 2, 2024, at the office of the City. 1 copy of the proposal must be sealed and clearly marked on the face of the shipping material “TWDB FINANCIAL ADVISOR RFP”.
City of Seymour
P.O. Box 31
Seymour, Texas 76380