ORD No. 2022-10: UPDATING ALL FEES, RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PORTWOOD ART AND CIVI-C CENTER, CITY PARK AND R.V. PARK.
Aug 29, 2022
Ordinance No. 2022-10
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SEYMOUR UPDATING ALL FEES, RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR PORTWOOD ART AND CIVIC CENTER, CITY PARK AND R.V. PARK. REPEALING ALL OTHER ORDINANCES AND PROVIDING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF SEYMOUR, TEXAS THAT:
Section 1. Park Shed Rentals
If any person or persons, representing family reunions, or similar groups desire to use the City Park facilities located in the City of Seymour, Texas, and desire to use the sheds or cooking facilities located in the park, may do so, by reserving their choice of shed at the City of Seymour Office, depending upon the availability of said facilities.
The following fees will be established:
One (1) Park Shed for one day $25.00
Two (2) Park Sheds for one day $40.00
One (1) Park Shed for two days $40.00
Two (2) Park Shed for two days $80.00
Fees for Park Sheds will be due in full when reserved in person, if reservations are made by telephone or mail, a grace period of 10 days is provided and allowed so payment may be received.
NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED AT THE CITY PARK OR PORTWOOD ART & CIVIC CENTER.
Section 2. Portwood Pavilion Reservations and Rental Fees
Reservations for the Portwood Building are only allowed one calendar year in advance, i.e., on the first business day in January. Reservations are allowed for any day in the new calendar year, and the next calendar year. Reservations made in person, will take precedence over mail-in or telephone requests received the first business day of the year.
Reservations will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis with one-half of the total fee to be paid at the time the reservations are made (telephone requests are allowed a ten (10) day grace period, so payment may be received. Remainder of fees shall be paid two (2) weeks prior to reservation date.
The following fees and times shall be established for the Portwood Art &Civic Center:
Time: 7:00 a.m. – 12 midnight
Portwood Rental Fees will be established as follows:
Monday – Friday
(3) Minimum hours (12) Max. hours $50 per hour $100 deposit
Saturday – Sunday
Flat fee rate 1 day $300.00 $100.00 deposit
Flat fee rate 2 days $600.00 $100.00 deposit
Deposit Refundable – The City of Seymour will refund the deposit, after inspection has been approved by the attendant.
Section 3. Portwood Art & Civic Center
- A code will be given prior to reservation to enter the building by the attendee. Code is on the south side of building. An Allen wrench is located on the far side of the kitchen cabinet to open front glass doors. Please lock front glass doors when building is unoccupied.
- Tables and chairs should be returned to its original place. Chairs should be stacked in increments of 10. Any furniture that is moved during the rental must be put back in its original place.
3. Range, countertops, tables, microwave, sink and restrooms. Should be cleaned.
4. Floors should be swept and mopped.
5. Wastebaskets in kitchen and restrooms should be emptied, along with any litter outside.
6. Portwood Building will be opened no earlier than 7:00 a.m. closed no later than 12:00 midnight.
7. You are responsible for the building and any damage done until it is locked for the night. Your deposit will be forfeited, if not left in order.
8. No one is allowed to spend the night in the building.
9. No pets are allowed in the building.
10. You are responsible for bringing your own utensils.
11. The City will not be responsible for anything left in the building overnight.
12. Any person or persons reserving the use of the Park or Portwood facilities shall be responsible for keeping the area and facilities used by them clean and free of trash and other debris and shall be liable for the destroying of any City property.
13. Horseshoes or similar games are to be played only in designated areas in the NE portion of the City Park.
14. If a reservation is cancelled and a request is made, in advance, for a refund, the reservation will be cancelled and the money refunded only if the City is able to rent the facility to another party, otherwise the pre-paid amount will be forfeited.
Section 4. Fines
Anyone found in violation of the provisions of this ordinance may be fined up to One Thousand ($1,000.00) Dollars per day, and each day constitute a separate and distinct violation and punishable as such.
R.V. PARK RENTAL
- Establishing a fee of twenty-five dollars ($ 25) per night to park an RV in the City R.V. Park, located at 710 E. Morris Street.
- Customers shall be limited to no more than three (3) nights per stay in said R.V. Park. If longer stay is needed, approval by the City Administrator must be given.
Passed and approved on this the 25th day of August, 2022.
Mayor Jon Hrncirik
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez, T.RM.C.