April 17, 2014 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Apr 15, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, April 17, 2014, at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Toby Hines
Proclamation: Relay for Life 2014
Announcements from Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Hines will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizens questions and/or Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider Approving The Consent Agenda As Follows:
a) Approve Thursday, March 20, 2014, Regular Meeting Minutes.
b) Approve the City Council Report for City Bills paid in March 2014.
c) Accept Reports
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First Bank and Trust accounts report summary
3. Employee List /Golf Course Membership Report
4. Seymour Police Department Report
d) Accept and approve the Second (2nd ) Quarter Investment Report as presented by City of
Seymour Investment Officers.
End of Consent Agenda
2. Hear monthly report from Economic Development Director Lauren Bush.
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearing begins
3. A Public Hearing to receive information regarding rules and regulations regarding water
service and fees. Adopting Ordinance No. 2014-03 and repealing Ordinance 99-10 and
Ordinance No. 2000-01and providing for an effective date.
Public Hearing Ends and Regular Meeting Resumes
4. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2014-03, rules and
regulations regarding water service and fees, and repealing Ordinance No. 99-10 and
Ordinance 2000-01, and providing for an effective date.
5. Discuss, consider and take action to approve and adopt Ordinance No. 2014-04, declaring
the month of April as Fair Housing Month as required by law.
6. Discuss, consider and take action regarding City of Seymour Pool and Splash Pad fees
7. Discuss, consider and give City Administrator Studer direction regarding sidewalk grant.
8. Discuss, consider and take action by repealing Resolution No. 1378, appointing Election
Judges and Clerks for Saturday, May 10, 2014, City of Seymour General Election, and
approving Resolution No. 1382, appointing Kelcy Sullivan as the Alternate Election Judge.
9. Discuss, consider and take action regarding residential pools and water racks.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this the 14th day of April, 2014, by 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez TRMC