April 18, 2019 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Apr 15, 2019
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, April 18, 2019, at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Pro-Tem Jon Hrncirik
Proclamation: Child Abuse Prevention Month
Announcements from Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Pro-Tem Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider Approving The Consent Agenda As Follows:
- a) Approve meeting minutes for Regular Council meeting on March 21, 2019
- b) Accept Reports
Monthly Investment Report for March, 2019
First Bank and Trust report summary for March, 2019.
Employee & Contract list /Golf Course Membership Report
Administrator and Supervisor Reports
End of Consent Agenda
- The City of Seymour will hold a Public Hearing regarding an application for Tiny House
Variance by Tabatha Lane. This variance concerns Subdivision of Lot 3, Block T, of the
Miller’s First Addition or comprised of .482 acres, located at 508 S. Oak Street, Seymour
Public hearing closes and Regular meeting will resume
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Tiny House variance at 508 S. Oak Street, by
- Discuss and hear presentation from John Hostas, Emergency Management Coordinator
regarding the City and County wide mitigation plan.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding a Façade, Signage, and Beautification Grant.
- Review and approve the Second Quarter Investment Report, as presented by City of
Seymour Investment Officers.
- Discuss and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid the month of
- Discuss, review and take action, if necessary on the City of Seymour City Pool fees
and schedule for 2019.
- City Administrator to discuss and review the RO Water Well Report.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1479, a one-time budget adjustment for
Fiscal Year 2018-2019, for City of Seymour Pool tube slide.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Park mowing and upkeeping.
Regular meeting closes and an Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas
Local Government Code under Section §551.074: Personnel; Code Compliance Jon Byrket.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberation during Executive Session.
- Adjournment of meeting
I the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this the 12th day of April, 2019, by 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary – TRMC