April 23, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Apr 17, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, April 23, 2020, at 7:00 P.M. at City Hall
Auditorium, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Proclamation: Child Abuse Prevention Month
Announcements from Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider Approving The Consent Agenda As Follows:
a) Approve meeting minutes for Regular Council meeting on March 19, 2020 and Emergency Meeting on April 2, 2020.
b) Accept Reports
1. First Bank and Trust report summary for March, 2020.
2. City of Seymour Employee List/Contract list & Golf Course Membership Report
3. Administrator and Supervisor Reports
End of Consent Agenda
2. The City of Seymour will hold a Public Hearing to discuss whether to raise the electricity by 2 cents, or leave as is. A second and final public hearing will follow at a future meeting.
3. The City of Seymour will hold a Final Public Hearing regarding a request from Jeff Groves to close streets on Bantau, Clements and Oregon Street.
4. The City of Seymour will hold a Final Public Hearing to re-locate the placement of Solar Led Yellow Flashing Lights. Lights to be placed on the corner of McLain Street and Cedar Street, with light facing the South and light placed on the corner of W. Pecan Street and Cedar Street, with light facing the North.
Public hearings close and regular meeting will resume
5. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2020-02, of the City of Seymour to close streets on Bantau, Clements and Oregon Street, as requested by Jeff Groves doing business for Greg Miller.
6. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2020-03, of the City of Seymour, to re-locate the placement of Solar Led Yellow Flashing Lights on the corner of McLain Street and Cedar Street and W. Pecan Street and Cedar Street.
7. Discuss and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid the month of March 2020.
8. Discuss all options regarding the City Pool and Salt Fork Recreational Pool, for the 2020 Pool Season, due to COVID-19.
9. Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for the City of Seymour Mowing Contract for the Park, Sound Garden, and Portwood Pavilion area.
10. Discuss the pros and cons regarding the location of future Council Meetings to be held at the Seymour City Hall Auditorium.
11. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1494, declaring a local disaster, regarding COVID-19.
12. Adjournment of meeting
I the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas, is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted on April 20, 2020, by 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary – TRMC