April 28, 2020 – Emergency Called Meeting Minutes
May 27, 2020
C ITY OF SEYMOUR MEETING MINUTES
EMERGENCY CALLED MEETING
APRIL 28, 2020
An Emergency Meeting was held, Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 6:00 p.m., at 301 N. Washington Street, City Hall Auditorium, Seymour, Texas 76380.
Call to Order, Roll Call, Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik at 6:02 p.m.
Council present: Mayor Jon Hrncirik, Council member Lan Winn, Council member Mary K. Fair, Council member Brian Broome, Council member Brenda Miller and MPT Monty Glass.
City Staff present: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, Economic Development Director Lauren Bush and Seymour Police Sargeant Bryce Sawyer.
Guest: Emergency Management Coordinator John Hostas
Discuss, consider and take action regarding COVID-19 Declaration and Guidelines for the City of Seymour by Mayor Jon Hrncirik.
Mayor Jon Hrncirik along with City Council reviewed the Declaration of Emergency. Upon discussion, a motion was entertained and the following changes were amended and made:
1.For Texas counties that have filed with DSHS, and are in compliance with the requisite attestation form promulgated by DSHS regarding five or fewer cases of COVID-19, those in-store retail services, dine-in restaurant services, movie theaters, shopping malls, and museums and libraries, as otherwise defined and limited above, may operate at up to 50 percent (as opposed to 25 percent) of the total listed occupancy.
2. Golf Carts are prohibited on any City streets, or highways, within city limits, except when driven by a licensed driver. People that are on a Golf Cart must reside in the same household. This order suspends ordinance No. 2016-05, until COVID-19 Disaster Declaration is rescinded.
3. Anyone traveling on commercial airlines or any other conveyance to or from another country or any U.S. City as identified in Texas Governor Abbott’s current executive order; will be required to quarantine upon their return to Seymour, Texas, for no less than 14 consecutive days.
4. The current curfew ordinance on record at City Hall, will be the guidelines for the Mayor and City Council to follow.
5. Hand sanitizer stations will be located at entrances to all public establishments.
6. All Executive Orders and any other guidelines from Texas Governor Abbott regarding COVID-19, will be strictly enforced, DECLARED, APPROVED AND UPDATED by order of the Mayor and City Council, of the City of Seymour. Said regulations will be effective as of April 30, 2020, at midnight.
DECLARED AND UPDATED ON THIS 28TH DAY OF APRIL, 2020.
Jon Hrncirik, Mayor – City of Seymour
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC
2. Adjournment by MPT Monty Glass, seconded by Council member Lan Winn at 7:30 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS 21ST DAY OF MAY 2020.