August 20, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Aug 14, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
AUGUST 20, 2020
A notice is hereby given of a Regular City Council meeting on Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 7:00 at the City Hall Auditorium, 301 N. Washington Street, in Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the City Secretary’s Office at 940.889.3148 at least 48 hours in advance. This agenda is posted on the city’s website at www.cityofseymour.org
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor:
Citizen’s questions/and or Comments:
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve July 21, 2020 Budget Workshop and July 16, 2020 meeting minutes, August 4, 2020.
b.) Accept REPORTS:
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First Bank & Trust Accounts Summary Report
3. Employee/Contract List and Salt Fork Recreational Golf Totals
4. Administration and Supervisors Written Reports
End of Consent Agenda
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearings will begin.
2. The City of Seymour will conduct a Public hearing to discuss changing the City of Seymour Transfer Station hours and omitting the Summer and Winter months.
First PH closes and Second PH will begin
3. The City of Seymour will conduct a Public hearing regarding an application for Zoning Specific Use permit request concerning Subdivision of Lot 12, Block G, of the Reiman 2nd Addition comprised of .161 acres, located at 600 S. East Street in Seymour, Texas.
Public Hearings close and Regular meeting resumes
4. Discuss, consider, and approve Ordinance No. 2020-08, changing the City of Seymour Transfer Station hours and omitting the Summer and Winter months. This will repeal Ordinance No. 2013-03 and 2016-06, in its entirety and combine and transfer all information to said Ordinance No. 2020-08.
5. Discuss, consider, and give direction to CA Steve Biedermann, regarding comments and information received from Kelly Goodwin on Feral Cats.
6. Discuss and give direction to CA Steve Biedermann regarding Front Desk Security measures.
7. Discuss and review the Salt Fork Recreational Complex Membership Rates.
8. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve an $18,000.00 expenditure to purchase Tyler Cloud Hosting as presented by Finance Director Mary Griffin.
9. Discuss, consider, and take action to review figures from FundView and Incode Tyler Technologies.
10. Discuss and give direction to CA Steve Biedermann regarding the City Park Mitigation Project.
11. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve City of Seymour Accounts Payable bills the Month of July 2020.
12. Discuss and review the Personnel Policy Manual regarding Section: Vacation Time.
13. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding property bid received from Bryan Baldwin for $500.00. Property described as 505 N. Stratton Street.
14. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding pickup bid received from Kyle
Ward for the amount of $500.00.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
15. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551.002, Texas Local Government Code § 551.071; Consultation with City Attorney regarding Schneider Engineering Rate Study.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
16. Discuss, consider, and take action from deliberations during Executive Session.
Note: Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session or go into
Executive Session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, does hereby certify that this Notice of the Meeting was posted on the bulletin board at City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on the following date and time: August 14, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours before said meeting was convened.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary TRMC