August 21, 2014 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Aug 19, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
PROCLAMATION: Seymour Ministerial Alliance Appreciation Month
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Hines will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS: a.) Approve Thursday, July 17, 2014, Regular Meeting Minutes.
b.) Approve City Council Report for City Bills paid in July, 2014.
c.) Accept REPORTS:
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. lst National Bank accounts report summary
3. Employee List and Golf Course Membership Total Report 4. City of Seymour Police Department Report
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
RECESS REGULAR MEETING TO HOLD PUBLIC HEARING(S):
2. Conduct a 2nd Public Hearing regarding an Ordinance authorizing the assessment and
collection of fees for certain services provided by the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department at
vehicle fires, vehicle collisions, hazardous material spills, rescue incidents, wild land fires,
structural fires and rescue incidents; providing for severability and providing an effective
3. Conduct a Public Hearing regarding the proposed tax rate for the 2014 tax year.
4. Conduct a Public Hearing regarding the repealing of Ordinance No. 2013-03, amending
Sections 5.100 (b) (c) and (d) commercial and outside city limits garbage rates, and
providing an effective date.
CLOSE PUBLIC HEARINGS AND REOPEN REGULAR MEETING:
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Ordinance No. 2014-06, authorizing the
assessment and collection of fees for certain services provided by the Seymour Volunteer Fire
Department at vehicle fires, vehicle collisions, hazardous material spills, rescue incidents,
wild land fires, structural fires and rescue incidents; providing for severability and providing
an effective date on second reading.
- Discuss and give direction to City Staff regarding the proposed tax rate.
- Discuss, consider and take action by repealing garbage sections 5.100 b, c and d, on
Ordinance No. 2013-03 and adopting Ordinance No. 2014-07. This ordinance effects
Commercial Garbage Service Rates, Residential Garbage Service Rates –outside the city limits
and Commercial Garbage Service Rates- outside of extraterritorial jurisdiction (more than ½ a
mile outside the city limits).
- Discuss and hear presentation from Economic Development Lauren Bush.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Sid and Dana Winn, regarding variance for a trailer house to be placed on 106 S. Arkansas Street.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Larry Suit, representing the Garden Club and requesting assistance with the esplanade.
- Discuss and hear presentation from Cliff Porter regarding Water Distillation.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding update progress from Regan Hollar on
property located on the 500 block of S. Tackitt Street.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Bill Harmel, to allow the
Presbyterian Church, to place cones out as the need arises, for the safety of their congregation
during church services.
14. Discuss, consider and take action regarding quote received from Clayton Miller, for
security cameras to be placed at the City Pool.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding quote received from Clayton Miller, for
security cameras to be placed at the Seymour Memorial Park.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding proposal by Steve Moffitt, with Schneider
Engineering and giving City Administrator John Studer direction pertaining to an Electric
System Rate Study.
- Accept and approve Resolution No. 1387, a resolution of the City Council accepting the
Certified Tax Appraisal Roll as prepared and presented by Ronnie Hargrove of the Baylor
County Appraisal District for property in the city limits of the City of Seymour and subject to
the ad valorem tax for Fiscal Year 2014-2015.
18. Discuss, consider and take action regarding annual request from Jessie Moore, President of
the Seymour Pee Wee Football team, for the City of Seymour to donate their light service
during the football home games, beginning August 24, 2014 through October 18, 2014.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for Well Rehabilitation
and Pump Replacement, Project #712137.
Robertson Electric – $15,848.00 Leonard Water Services, LTD. – $29,900.00
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session OR go into Executive
Session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 18th day of August 2014, at 4:00 p.m., 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary – TRMC