August 25, 2016 – Budget Workshop Meeting Minutes
Sep 27, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL CALLED/BUDGET WORKSHOP
AUGUST 25, 2016
A Special Called Meeting/Budget Workshop was held on Thursday, August 25, 2016, at 6:00 p.m., at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380.
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance was led by Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis at 6:00 p.m.
Council present: Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis, Council members Les Hons, David Horton, Mary K. Fair and MPT Monty Glass.
Council member Jon Hrncirik arrived at 6:03 p.m.
Counsel present: City Attorney Cindy Ayres was present
City Staff: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez and Finance Director Mary Griffin.
Guest(s): Rusty Stafford and John Anderson
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from John Anderson, representing the Softball/Little League Committee, to place a new concession stand on strip of land between softball fields and have complete control over the operation of the stand.
Mr. John Anderson spoke with Mayor and City Council regarding the concession stand at the Portwood softball park and their interest in building a new concession and allowing the Seymour Youth Baseball and Softball Association having control over the concession stand.
Mr. Anderson presented a proposal to Mayor and City Council to allow SYBSA to build a concession stand between the North and South Fields of Little League Park. The association would like to enter an agreement that would allow the SYBSA to build a new restroom if possible. Certain stipulations would be put in place if another group or individual wanted to use the concession stand such as a user agreement and a deposit that would be refunded if all requirements of the user agreement were fulfilled.
Cindy Ayres, City Attorney suggested that a lease be drawn up and placed on the agenda for the September 15, 2016, Regular Council meeting.
Motion made by Council member Les Hons, second by MPT Monty Glass, to table this agenda item to give City Attorney time to draw up a lease agreement for both parties to review. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action to appoint a council member to represent the City of Seymour and serve on the Baylor County Appraisal District Board of Directors.
Mayor Gilbert-Mathis stated that Council member Les Hons and herself had served on the Baylor County Appraisal District Board of Directors and asked if anyone on the current Council Board would be interested in serving.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Jon Hrncirik to appoint Council member Mary K. Fair to serve on the Baylor County Appraisal District Board of Directors. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator regarding information received on Countywide Inspections.
After discussing the need for the City of Seymour to hire an inspector, the City Council entertained a motion. Motion made by Council member David Horton, second by MPT Monty Glass, to rescind all previous ordinances and allow City Attorney Cindy Ayres to draw up an ordinance to pass for the month of October, 2016. Motion passed unanimously.
- Seymour City Council Members will discuss and review the Budget draft for the City of Seymour, Fiscal Year 2016-2017, as proposed by City Staff. City Council may direct modifications to proposed budget document.
Several modifications were made to the proposed budget, with Council giving Finance Director Mary Griffin direction to proceed with changes to the proposed budget. The City of Seymour Budget will be passed and approved at the September 15, 2016, Regular Council Meeting.
- Adjournment by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Mary K. Fair, at 9:07 p.m. Motion passed unanimously.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 15TH DAY OF SEPTEMBER, 2016.
Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC