August 26, 2021 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Aug 20, 2021
City of Seymour City Council
August 26, 2021
Workshop- Executive Session(Closed Meeting) at 5:00 p.m.
Regular Meeting- (Open to the Public) at 7:00 p.m.
A notice is hereby given that a Workshop (Executive Session),followed by a Regular City Council Meeting, will be held on Thursday, August 26, 2021 at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, Seymour Tx. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002 (c).The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the City Secretary at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The agenda is posted on the city’s website at www.cityofseymour.org.
1. Call to Order, Pledge of Allegiance and Roll Call by Mayor Jon Hrncirik.
Regular Meeting Closes and Executive Session will begin
2. An Executive Session ( closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code:
§551.071 Consultation with Attorney: City Council Workshop, New Councilmember Orientation, Presentation and Legal Advice concerning open government, ethics, and liability issues.
551.074 Personnel regarding Evaluations
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting will resume
3. Announcements from the Mayor
4. City Administrator Jeffrey Brasher Ed. D., will present Certificate of Appreciation to a City of Seymour Department and to an Employee of the Month.
5. Citizen Comments
6. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Sessions.
7. Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
a.) Approve July 20, 2021 and July 27, 2021 minutes
b.) Monthly Investment Reports – July 2020 thru June 2021
c.) Quarterly Investment Reports
July -Sept. 2020, (Quarter#3)
Oct. – Dec. 2020 (Quarter#4)
Jan. -March 2021 (Quarter#1)
April – June2021 (Quarter #2)
d.) Peoples Bank Account Summary Reports
e.) Employee/Contract List and Salt Fork Rec. Golf totals
f.) Administration and Supervisors Written Reports
g.) Financial Information from SVFD
h.) Account Payable Bills for July, 2021
i.) Resolution No. 1507- Reverse Osmosis for a CL2 Gas
EQW/Leak Alarm with Regal EQ, in the amount of $10,816.00.
j.) Resolution No. 1508-Street Department, to make the first
grader payment in the amount of $19,899.00.
k.) Resolution No. 1509- City of Seymour Travel Expense
Account, for SVFD Firemen to attend Fire School at College
Station, in the amount of $2,634.00.
l.) Resolution No. 1510- Police Department, for two sets of tires
for P.D. Vehicles, in the amount of $402.00.
m.) Resolution No. 1511- Street Department, for the purchase of
a Shredder in the amount of $12, 000.00.
n.) Resolution No. 1512- SV Fire Department, a down payment
for the future purchase of a City Pumper Fire Truck, in the
amount of $15, 000.00.
8 . Public Hearing
a.) The City of Seymour will conduct a Public hearing to discuss the proposed tax rate for the City of Seymour.
9. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve the Proposed Tax Rate for the City of Seymour.
10. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding bid received for property legally described as N ½ of Lot 11, Block 6, McLain Addition, for property also known as 702 N. East Street.
11. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding bids received for property legally described as Lot 16, Block 5, McLain Addition, for property also described as 707 N. Tackitt Street.
12. Discuss and make modifications, if needed to the proposed City of Seymour Budget for Fiscal Year 2021-2022, per City Administrator, Jeffrey Brasher E.d. D.
13. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding Base Rate Increase scenarios.
14. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding the City of Seymour City Council Operating Procedures.
15. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding City of Seymour vehicles that are out of service and no longer in use. Vehicles described as : #62 John Deere Shredder 1018, #497 Ford Explorer, #75 GMC Topkick Dump Truck and #00 4X8 Trailer with folding ramp.
16. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Resolution No. 1513, authorizing professional service providers selection for AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT Programs.
17. Adjournment of meeting
Note: Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session or go into
Executive Session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, does hereby certify that this Notice of the Meeting was posted on the bulletin board at City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said Notice was posted on the following date and time: August 20, 2021 by 4:30 p.m. and remained so posted continuously for at least 72 hours before said meeting will convene.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary TRMC