August 30, 2018 – Special Called Meeting Minutes
Oct 29, 2018
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL CALLED BUDGET WORKSHOP
AUGUST 30, 2018
A Special Called Budget Workshop was held on Thursday, August 30, 2018, at 6:00 P.M. at City Hall, 2ND floor, Conference Room, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas 76380.
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance was led by MPT Jon Hrncirik at 6:03 p.m.
Council present: MPT Jon Hrncirik, Les Hons, Paula K. Vaden, Mary K. Fair and Monty Glass.
Counsel present: City Attorney Jonathan Whitsitt was not present at this meeting.
City Staff present: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, Salt Fork River Estates Complex Supervisor Todd Hrncirik Finance Director Mary Griffin and ED Director Lauren Bush.
Guest(s): Misty Broome, Brian Broome, Brad Hammack and Regan Hollar.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Brad Hammack, to change 405 S. Washington Street, from an R1 Residential to a B-2 Commercial.
Mr. Brad Hammack addressed MPT Jon Hrncirik and City Council regarding his request to change 405 S. Washington Street, from a R-1 Residential to a B-2 Commercial Zone. He presented photos to City Council regarding his plans.
Mr. Hammack would like to house 3-4 individual units, which are 399 sq. feet, and would be located where the existing motel is and would allow him to have future expansion as warranted. He has a privacy fence on Washington Street and would extend to the North of sidewalk. He would also like to include a landscape visual block which Mr. Randy Hardin would assist with. These units would serve the customers that intended to be in town for a 2-3 day stay and leave the existing hotel for the single night reservations. The units are 399 square feet.
If approved by City Council, Mr. John Byket will inform any residents within the 200 feet radius and a Public Hearing will be held at the September 27, 2018, Regular City Council meeting for final approval.
Motion made by Councilmember Les Hons, second by Councilmember Monty Glass, to allow Mr. Brad Hammack to move forward and inform John Byrket to proceed forward with his paperwork. Motion passed unanimously.
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin at 6:26 p.m.
- A Public hearing of the City of Seymour to discuss the proposed tax rate at 0.49102 per $100 value.
Finance Director Mary Griffin stated that the City chose to go with the effective tax rate for the Fiscal Year 2018-2019, which is 0.49102/$100 value.
No one spoke for or against the proposed tax rate.
Public hearing will close and Regular meeting will resume at 6:30 p.m.
- 3. Discuss, review and make modifications to the Purchasing Policy for the City of Seymour.
After reviewing the current Purchasing Policy for the City of Seymour, City Council chose to leave as is. Therefore, no action was taken on this agenda item.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding sponsorship donation for the American Cancer Society event scheduled for September 15, 2018.
Motion made by Councilmember Monty Glass, second by Councilmember Paula K. Vaden, to approve Level 4: sponsorship of $500 for the American Cancer Society, scheduled for September 15, 2018. Motion passed with 4 ayes and Councilmember Mary K. Fair abstaining as she is a member of the American Cancer Society.
- MPT Hrncirik and City Council Members will discuss and consider the third draft of the budget for Fiscal Year 2018-2019, as proposed by Mayor Pro-Tem and City Staff. City Council may direct modifications to proposed budget document.
MPT Hrncirik and City Council went over the budget and directed Finance Director Mary Griffin on the changes. Mary Griffin will present corrections at the September 6, 2018, Special Called /Budget Workshop Meeting.
A recess was called at 8:00 p.m. by MPT Hrncirik and recess closed at 8:09 p.m., and the Budget discussion resumed.
- 6. Adjournment made by Councilmember Les Hons, second by Councilmember Paula K. Vaden. Motion passed unanimously.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 27TH DAY OF September, 2018.
Mayor Pro-Tem Jon Hrncirik
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez