December 15, 2016 – City Council Agenda
Dec 12, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, December 15, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve meeting minutes from Tuesday, November 22, 2016
(b.) Accept Reports:
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/ SFRE Membership Total Report
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss and consider authorizing an administrative service provider for the
2016-2017 Texas Capital Fund application.
- Discuss and consider authorizing an engineering service provider for the 2016-
2017 Texas Capital Fund application services.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1436, a resolution selecting
Administrative Service for the 2016-2017, Texas Community Development Block
Grant Texas Capital Fund Project.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1437, a resolution selecting Engineering
Service for the 2016-2017, Texas Community Development Block Grant Texas Capital
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1438, a resolution
to award administration and soft cost management for the HOME Program.
- Take action and remove off the table the November 22, 2016, Public Hearing and
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
- The City of Seymour to conduct a Public Hearing regarding current Ordinance
No. 2012-02, (Seymour Auditorium) by repealing and modifying ordinance with
updated information, and adopting Ordinance 2016-11.
Public Hearing closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2016-11, Whiteside
Center of Performing Arts with updates as discussed in Public Hearing.
- 10. Discuss and approve City bills paid for the month of November 2016.
- Hear presentation of annual audit, as prepared by Jeff Gregg, C.P.A., Davis Kinard
Firm, contracting with City of Seymour, for budget year October 1, 2015 through
September 30, 2016.
- Discuss, consider and take action, to accept the annual audit as prepared by Jeff
Gregg, C.P.A., Davis Kinard Company, contracting with City of Seymour October 1, 2015
through September 30, 2016.
- Discuss, consider and seek direction from City Council regarding the Fair Labor
Standards Act Overtime Rule.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon each of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday, the 12th day of December, 2016, by 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC