November 12, 2015 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Dec 16, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PROCLAMATIONS: DIABETES AWARENESS AND MUNICIPAL COURT WEEK
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- Approve Regular Meeting Minutes for October 15, 2015, and Special Called Meeting Minutes for October 22, 2015.
- 1. Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/SFRE Membership Total Report
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular meeting closes and Public hearing will begin
- Public hearing regarding information received for a Bond Counsel, Financial Advisor and Engineering Services for Selenium issues.
Public hearing closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Bond Counsel proposal bids received on November 12, 2015.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Financial Advisor proposal bids received on November 12, 2015.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Engineering Service, proposal bids received on November 12, 2015.
Remove tabled item # 6 from the October 22, 2015, Council agenda.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for a Depository and Custody of City funds from a banking corporation.
- Hear presentation from City of Seymour supervisors: Administration, Finance, Police, Electric, Water/Sewer/RO, Street/Park, SFREC/Pool, Emergency Management (submitted in writing) and ED.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1408, a resolution and certificate of Incumbency, for gas golf carts for Salt Fork River Estates Complex.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Bills paid the month of October, 2015, excluding bills paid to Albert Todd Hrncirik.
**Conflict of Interest Form has been signed by Council member Jon Hrncirik.**
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Bills paid the month of October, 2015, to Albert Todd Hrncirik.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session closed to the public, and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §380.001- Economic Development Programs regarding Incentives.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes.
- Discuss and take deliberations regarding Executive Session.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday, November 9, 2015 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary – TRMC