December 17, 2019 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Dec 13, 2019
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Re-Scheduled City Council Meeting, Tuesday, December 17, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. at the City Hall, Conference Room, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and / or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve meeting minutes from Re-Scheduled City Council Meeting on Tuesday, November 19, 2019
(b.) Accept Reports:
1. Monthly Investment Reports for August and September 2019
2. First Bank & Trust Account Summary Report by Mary Griffin
3. Employee List/ SFRE Membership Total Report
4. Administrative and Supervisor Reports
(c.) Quarterly Investment Report for July –September 2019
End of Consent Agenda
2. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1488, a resolution regarding a
Hazard Mitigation Plan, as presented by Emergency Management Coordinator,
3. Hear presentation from Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Samantha
Castilleja, regarding an overview of the 2020 events.
4. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the appointment of a City Council
Member, to the Baylor County Appraisal Tax Office, for a 1 year term.
5. Discuss, consider and approve the City of Seymour bills paid for the month of
6. Discuss, consider and give direction to City Administrator, Steve Biedermann, on
closing City of Seymour Offices, at noon time on December 23, 2019, for the Christmas
7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the sale of City of Seymour equipment for
the Electric Department.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session(s) will begin.
8. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas
Local Government Code, under §551.074; Personnel: Water/Sewer Department,
Supervisor Job Description.
Executive Session closes and Executive Session two begins
9. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas
Local Government Code, under §551.074; Personnel: Street/Sanitation Department,
Supervisor Job Description.
10. Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas
Local Government Code, under §551.074; Personnel: Filling Council Place #2 Vacancy.
Executive Sessions close and Regular Meeting resumes
11. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session One.
12. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session Two.
13. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session Three.
14. Discuss and accept letter of resignation from Council member Place #2, Paula Vaden,
due to conflict of interest in regards to her employment at Baylor Co. Tax Appraisal
Office, as of December 31, 2019.
The City Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon each of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Thursday, the 12th day of December, 2019, by 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC