December 18, 2014 – Regular Council Meeting Agenda
Dec 15, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, December 18, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve meeting minutes from Thursday, November 20, 2014, Meeting Minutes and Special Called Meeting Minutes from December 9, 2014.
(b.) Accept Reports:
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/ SFRE Membership Total Report
- Police Report
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from George Nitschke, Good Earth
Mechanics, on letter of intent and proposal to the City of Seymour.
- Hear presentation of annual audit, as prepared by Jeff Gregg, C.P.A., Davis Kinard Firm,
under contract, for City of Seymour budget year October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2014.
- Discuss, consider and take action, to accept the annual audit as prepared by Jeff
Gregg, C.P.A., Davis Kinard Company, under contract, for City of Seymour budget year October 1,
2013 through September 30, 2014.
- Discuss and approve City bills paid November 2014, excluding bills from Albert Todd Hrncirik,
Snyder Construction and Steel Sales, Lea Hons and Artis Brandon Scull.
- Discuss and approve City bills paid November 2014, from Albert Todd Hrncirik.
- Discuss and approve City bills paid November 2014, from Snyder Construction and Steel
- Discuss and approve City bills paid in November 2014, from Artis Brandon Scull, carpet
- Discuss and approve City bills paid in November 2014, from Lea Nita Hons, for cleaning
services at Portwood Pavilion Art & Civic Center.
- Discuss, consider and approve Jacob & Martin to proceed with bid processing regarding
City of Seymour Reverse Osmosis Plant project.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Janitorial bids received for the Portwood Pavilion
Art & Civic Center. Janitorial services to begin December 22, 2014 and ending on October 31,
2015, with a one year renewal option. .
Janet Eavenson Bid $400 monthly
Dustin Graves Bid $200 bi-weekly
Danette Hillner Bid $300 monthly
- Discuss and hear monthly presentation from EDD Lauren Bush.
- Remove tabled item from November 20, 2014, Regular City Council Meeting.
Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Brenda & Curtis Worthington, to place
an R.V. Trailer at 510 S. Stratton Street, as a residence home.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding extension of property upgrade to Regan Hollar, at
512 S. Tackitt Street.
- Discuss, consider and take action in regards to the County Wide Inspections contract.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the Annual Vendor Agreement between the City
of Seymour and Rolling Plains Management Corporation.
Regular Meeting will close and Executive Session begins
- An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code
under Section 551.074 Personnel Matters: Information to discuss or deliberate the
appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a
public officer or employee: City of Seymour Mechanic Position
Executive Session closes and Executive Session two begins
- An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under
Section 551.072 Real Property: General discussion regarding City of Seymour property; Shooting
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Take action if any resulting from deliberations during Executive Session One .
- Take action if any, resulting from deliberations during Executive Session Two.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon each of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday, the 15th day of December, 2014, by 4:30 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC