December 20, 2022 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Dec 14, 2022
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Re-Scheduled City Council Meeting, to be held on Tuesday, December 20, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour Texas 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
1. Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrnciriks
3. Mayor or MPT Announcements
4. City Administrator Report (s)
a. Maintenance Dept. for Portwood & City Hall/ SFRC Golf total (110)
b. Supervisor Written Reports
c. Employee List for City of Seymour
d. City Offices & Transfer Station closed December 23rd -26th.
e. Upcoming City Council meetings: January 19, 2023 & February 16, 2023.
a. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding resignation letter from Council
Member Sabrina Rivers, Council Place #3, effective immediately.
6. Citizen Comments
7. City Administrator Dr. Jeffrey Brasher recognize Employee of the Month
8. Public Hearing(s)
a. A Second and Final Public Hearing regarding Hotel/Motel Tax
b. Public Hearing regarding Goods & Transit Resolution as requested by
Baylor County Appraisal District.
9. Action Item(s)
a. Discuss, consider, and take action to make final modifications to the
b. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding Resolution No. 1537,
regardingTax Goods in Transit, as requested by Baylor Co. Appraisal
10. Consent Agenda: Consider approving the following:
a. Approve November 17, 2022, meeting minutes
b. Financial Report
c. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding City of Seymour account payable
bills paid the month of November 2022.
11. Executive Sessions
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under section §551.074; Personnel
- City Secretary Applications
- City of Seymour Council Place #3 vacancy, for an unexpired term
- Any posted agenda item ( that requires consultation with attorney)
12. Action regarding Executive Sessions
( 1) City Secretary Applications
(2) City of Seymour Council Place #3 vacancy, for an unexpired term
(3) Any posted agenda item
13. Adjournment of meeting
Note: The City Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon each of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Wednesday, December 14, 2022, by 10:00 a.m., at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
/s/ City Secretary, Conchita Torrez, TRMC