February 11, 2016 – City Council Agenda
Feb 24, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR-CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve January 12, 2016, Regular Called Meeting Minutes.
b.) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/Golf Course Membership total
End of Consent Agenda
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing(s) to begin
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding request from Hilda Kunkel and David Neill, to close described street/alley known as May Street.
Public Hearing one closes and Public Hearing two begins
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding request from Hilda Kunkel, to close described street/alley known as Norman Street.
Public Hearing two closes and Public Hearing three begins
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding Ordinance No. 2014-03, Section 2: Schedules A & B, Water rates for the City of Seymour Texas.
Public Hearings close and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Ordinance No. 2016-01, ordinance to declare May Street to be closed as per request of owners David Niell and Hilda Kunkel.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Ordinance No. 2016-02, ordinance to declare Norman Street to be closed as per request of owner Hilda Kunkel.
- Approve the General Election Order for Saturday, May 7, 2016, for the City of Seymour Council positions; Council member place #1, Council member place #3 and Council member place #5, for a two year term.
- Approve the Special Election Order for Saturday, May 7, 2016, for the City of Seymour Council position, Council member place #4, for a one year unexpired term.
- Approve Resolution No. 1410, appointing Election Judges and Clerks for Saturday, May 7, 2016, for the City of Seymour General Election.
- Approve Resolution No. 1411, appointing Election Judges and Clerks for Saturday, May 7, 2016, for the City of Seymour Special Election.
- Authorize City Staff to advertise for “City Wide Spring Clean up Week “to be held Saturday, April 2th through Sunday, April 10th, 2016.
- Discuss and hear monthly report from City of Seymour Supervisors: Administration, Finance and Economic Development.
- Discuss and approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills paid in January, 2016.
- Discuss, consider and take action to accept the Annual Police Contact Data Report, known as the Racial Profile Report, as presented by Seymour Police Chief Mike Griffin.
- Discuss, consider and take action to allow Davis Kinard & Co, PC to perform the City of Seymour’s annual audit for the next three years for the amount of $22,500.00 per year.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the cancellation of Tax Deed and Quitclaim Deed between The City of Seymour and Debbie Goodwin Johnson, as requested per Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins & Mott LLP.
- 17. Discuss, consider and take action approving Resolution No. 1412, a resolution regarding a Municipal Maintenance Agreement between City of Seymour and TX Dot.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding approval of the Beatification Grant Façade Signage, as requested by ED Director Lauren Bush.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for Contract Janitorial Services for City Hall, located at 301 N. Washington Street, from the following:
Catlin Cook submitted a bid of $700 per month
Jennifer Dempsey submitted a bid of $375 bi-weekly ($750 per month)
Cami Maldonado submitted a bid of $800 per month
Shanna Coffman submitted a bid of $650 per month
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding sealed bid(s) received on property located at 206 S. Donald Street.
Josh Sosolik submitted a bid of $200.00
- 21. Discuss, consider and take action regarding sealed bid(s) received on property located at 114 N. Washington Street.
Ed Slate submitted a bid of $1,000.00
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session(s) will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §380.001- Economic Development Program- Business Incentive.
Executive Session One closes and Executive Session Two will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074- Personnel Matters- Police Officer Position
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Take action from deliberation regarding Executive Session One- Business Incentive.
- Take action from deliberation regarding Executive Session Two- Personnel Matters
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City
Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I
posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all
times, and said notice posted this Monday, February 8, 2016 at 3:00 p.m., 72 hours
preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary TRMC