February 15, 2018 – City Council Agenda
Feb 12, 2018
CITY OF SEYMOUR-CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance:
Announcements: (At this time, Mayor Josh Sosolik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve January 18, 2018, Regular Called Meeting Minutes.
b.) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/Golf Course Membership total
- 4. Administrative & Supervisor reports
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Hear presentation of annual audit, as prepared by Jeff Gregg, C.P.A., Eide Bailly Firm, contracting with City of Seymour for Budget Year 2016-2017.
- Discuss and take action to accept the annual audit as prepared and presented by the Eide Bailly Firm.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for the removal, repair and replacement of roofing at 110 Memorial Drive, Seymour City Pool from the following:
Booe Commercial Roofing In c. $9,500.00
alternate to tear off 1 layer of shingles, disposal and refelt add: $2,220.00
Guaranteed Roofing & Construction $8,700.00
- Discuss, consider and take action to accept the Annual Police Contact Data Report, known as the Racial Profile Report, as presented by Seymour Police Chief Mike Griffin.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1456, allowing Seymour Police Department to pursue a JAG (EGRANT) grant for various equipment, in helping during drug cases and tactical operations officers encounter.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1457, allowing Seymour Police Department to pursue an Enforcement Vehicles Grant for the 2018 Fiscal Year.
- Discuss and give direction to Economic Development Director Lauren Bush, regarding
- Authorize City Staff to advertise for “City Wide Spring Clean up Week “to be held Saturday, April 14th through Sunday, April 22nd, 2018.
- Discuss, and approve the City of Seymour bills paid the month of January, 2018.
- Discuss, consider and take action to change the March Regular Council meeting from March 15, 2018 to March 21, 2018, accommodating the SISD Spring Break schedule.
- Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Report, as received by Jason Bench, R.O. Supervisor.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under Section §551.071: Consultation with City Attorney, regarding Nepotism Law.
Executive Session closes and Executive Session two begins
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under Section §551.072: Real Property- SISD Auditorium and Ag Building
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, and take action resulting from deliberations from executive session regarding nepotism laws.
- Discuss, and take action resulting from deliberations from executive session, regarding real property.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items
listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true
and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday,
February 12, 2018 at 3:00 p.m., 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary T.R.M.C.