February 16, 2017 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Feb 15, 2017
CITY OF SEYMOUR-CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance:
Proclamation: Black History Month
Announcements: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizens questions and or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve January 19, 2017, Regular Called Meeting Minutes.
b.) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/Golf Course Membership total
- Hear reports from City of Seymour Supervisors: Administration, Finance, Police,
Electric, Street/Park, Water/Swr/R.O., SFREC/Pool, and ED.
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
- A Public Hearing regarding an easement request from owners Mark & Ann Machen, 511
- Miller Street. Said easement would provide free and uninterrupted use of portion of
unopened 50 foot South Arkansas Street, including in fence to Second Party’s
Public Hearing closes and Regular meeting will resume
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Easement Agreement between the City of
Seymour and Mark and Ann Machen, 511 W. Miller Street.
- Authorize City Staff to advertise for “City Wide Spring Clean up Week “to be held Saturday, April 1st through Sunday, April 9th, 2017.
- Discuss, consider and take action to accept the Annual Police Contact Data Report, known as the Racial Profile Report, as presented by Seymour Police Chief Mike Griffin.
- 7. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1442, allowing Seymour Police Department to pursue a Traffic & School Safety Project Grant to be operated for the 2017 Fiscal Year.
- Discuss and approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills paid in January, 2017.
- Discuss, consider and take action to update the current signature card on all City of Seymour accounts at First Bank & Trust Seymour, with current Mayor, City Council, City Administrator and City Secretary information.
- Discuss, consider and take action to change the March Regular Council meeting from March 16, 2017, to March 23, 2017, to accommodate the SISD Spring Break schedule.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve the Texas Water Development Board Investment and Disclosure Form for Short-Term Investment Vehicle.
- Discuss, consider and take action by giving direction to Steve Biedermann, City Administrator, regarding the current Drought Contingency Plan.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under Section §380.001, Economic Development Programs, Incentives for H H Creek Inn, as presented by Brad Hammock.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Discuss, and take action resulting from deliberations from executive session.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items
listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City
Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I
posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all
times, and said notice posted this Monday, February 13, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., 72 hours
preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary T.R.M.C.