February 18, 2021 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Feb 12, 2021
CITY OF SEYMOUR
REGULAR CALLED MEETING
A Regular City Council Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order/Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements: (At this time, Mayor Jon Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions and or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve January 6, 2021, January 18, 2021, January 21, 2021, February 2, 2021, and February 8, 2021 City Council Meeting Minutes.
b.) Accept Reports
1. Employee List/SFRC Membership total
2. Administrative & Supervisor reports
End of Consent Agenda
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
2. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Gov. Code, §551.071- Consultation with Attorney, Pending Litigation.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
3. Discuss and take action (if any) regarding deliberation from Executive Session.
PUBLIC HEARINGS BEGIN
4. The City of Seymour to hold Public Hearings regarding City of Seymour Ordinances for the following as presented by ED Director Lauren Bush:
1. General Provisions
2. Animal Control
3. Building & Construction
4. Business & Commerce
5. Fire Protection
5. The City of Seymour to hold their First Public Hearing regarding a re-zone request from Ryan Dwyer for location at 610 N. Browning Street, described as Lots 1-3, Block 14, Mclain Addition.
PUBLIC HEARINGS CLOSE AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
6. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2021-04, City of Seymour Ordinance – General Provisions.
7. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2021-05, City of Seymour Ordinance- Animal Control.
8. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2021-06, City of Seymour Ordinance – Building & Construction.
9. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2021-07, City of Seymour Ordinance – Business & Commerce.
10. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2021-08, City of Seymour Ordinance -Fire Protection.
11. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding and reviewing from Tiffany Varner for Specific Use Permit Extension Request.
12. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve the City of Seymour A/P bills paid the month of January 2021, in the amount of $549,157.20.
13. Authorize City Staff to0advertise for City Wide Spring Clean up Week to be held Saturday, April 10th through Sunday, April 18th, 2021.
14. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Resolution No. 1503, a resolution designating authorized signatory for the 2020 Texas CDBG Program, Contract #7220430.
15. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Resolution No. 1504, a resolution adopting required CDBG Civil Rights policies.
16. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve Resolution No. 1505, as Fair Housing Month for the month of April. This resolution needs to be approved ahead of time for the 2020 Texas CDBG Program, Contract #7220430.
TABLED ITEMS REMOVED FROM THE JANUARY 21, 2021, MEETING.
17. Discuss, consider, and take action after hearing presentation from Royce Stallcup, regarding Land lease.
18. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding City of Seymour Equipment and Montgomery Tractor proposal as presented by Street Supervisor, Shawn Sanchez.
19. Re-Discuss Seymour Shooting Range rules as presented by Supervisor Todd Hrncirik.
END OF TABLED ITEMS FROM JANUARY 21, 2021 MEETING.
20. Discuss, consider, and take action on quotes received from Austin Wood Recycling for Transfer Station Brush-Site in the amount of $13,950.00.
21. Discuss, re-evaluate, and take action regarding COVID 19 extension as discussed by Mayor Jon Hrncirik and City Council.
22. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve the annual Racial Profiling Report as presented by Seymour Police Department.
23. Discuss and hear presentation regarding Non-Conforming RV Locations, as presented by ED Director Lauren Bush.
24. Discuss, consider, and take action from update received from ED Director Lauren Bush, regarding 1007 Kenning Drive Building.
The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed on the agenda. I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I have posted on the official posting place (s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, February 13, 2021, at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez, TRMC