February 19th, 2015 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Feb 17, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR-CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve January 14, 2015 and February 5, 2015, Special Called Meetings and January 15th, Regular Called Meeting Minutes.
b.) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/Golf Course Membership total
- Seymour Police Department Report
c.) Approve the General Election Order for Saturday, May 9, 2015, for the City of Seymour City Council; Mayoral Position, Council Member Place #2 and Councilmember Place # 4, for a Two Year Term.
d.) Approve Resolution No. 1396, to appoint Election Judges and Clerks for Saturday, May 9, 2015, City of Seymour General Election.
e.) Authorize City Staff to advertise for “City Wide Spring Clean up Week “to be held Saturday, April 4th through Sunday, April 12th, 2015.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss and hear monthly report from City of Seymour Supervisors: Administration, Electric, Water/Sewer, R.O. Plant, Police Department, Salt Fork/Park, Emergency Management Coordinator, Street and Economic Development Department.
**Agenda Item #3 was previously removed from Special Called Meeting on February 5, 2015.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding well project located on Donnell residence.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the Seymour Police Department Contact Data Report, also known as Racial Profiling for 2014.
- Discuss and approve the City of Seymour accounts payable bills paid in January, 2015, excluding bills from Albert Todd Hrncirik and Snyder Construction and Steel Sales.
- Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in January, 2015, from Albert T. Hrncirik.
- Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in January, 2015, from Snyder Construction and Steel Sales.
REGULAR MEETING CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSION(S) BEGINS
- Executive Session closed to the public, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under § Section 551.074, Personnel Matters: reviewing and discussing City Attorney status.
EXECUTIVE SESSION ONE CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSION TWO BEGINS
- Executive Session closed to the public, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under § Section 551.071, General discussion with City Attorney regarding general questions from City Council.
EXECUTIVE SESSION TWO CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSION THREE BEGINS
- Executive Session closed to the public, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under § Section 551.074, Personnel Matters: reviewing and discussing Economic Development Directors direction, from City Council on future projects.
- Executive Session closed to the public, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under § Section 551.072, Real Property: City owned property described as 900 N. Stratton Street.
EXECUTIVE SESSION THREE CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSION FOUR BEGINS
EXECUTIVE SESSIONS CLOSE AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
- Take action, if any resulting from deliberation during Executive Session One.
- Take action, if any, resulting from deliberation during Executive Session Two.
- Take action, if any, resulting from deliberation during Executive Session Three.
- Take action, if any, resulting from deliberation during Executive Session Four.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items
listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City
Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I
posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street,
Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all
times, and said notice posted this Monday, February 16, 2015 at 4:00 p.m., 72 hours
proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary T.R.M.C.