February 20, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Feb 18, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR-CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Regular City Council Meeting will be held on Thursday, February 20, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. at City Hall, Conference Room, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance led by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements: (At this time, Mayor Jon Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen questions and or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a.) Approve January 23, 2020, Regular Called Meeting Minutes and Special Called Meeting Minutes for February 3, 2020.
b.) Accept Reports
1. Employee List/SFRC Membership total
2. Administrative & Supervisor reports
End of Consent Agenda
2. Discuss and take action for City Administrator Steve Biedermann, to pursue with request from Jeff Groves, to abandon and close the following streets located on Bantau, Clements and Oregon Street. 2 Public Hearings will take place as required by law, before actual closing of streets.
3. Discuss, consider and take action to approve the city bills paid in January, 2020.
4. Authorize City Staff to advertise for City Wide Spring Clean up Week to be held Saturday, April 11th through Sunday, April 19th, 2020.
5. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1492, Personnel Policy Manual, regarding Holidays, Food/Lodging and Weather Days.
6. Discuss, consider and take action to address and approve electricity cost for the water tower regarding Pinnacle Network Solutions.
7. Discuss, consider and take action regarding monthly payments that will be received from Pinnacle Network Solutions, by creating a revenue account and informing Finance Director Mary Griffin on how said revenue will be utilized.
8. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the addition of a kitchen wall.
9. Discuss, re-consider and take action regarding the 2cent electric reduction .
10. Discuss and take action to allow City Secretary Conchita Torrez to publish Public Hearing in local BANNER, regarding electric reduction, or leave as is.
11. Discuss, consider and take action regarding the selling of equipment and vehicle belonging to the City of Seymour. (Grader, pickup and Envoy)
12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding an Addendum Form from First Bank & Trust, removing Paula K. Vaden from signature card and adding newly appointed Brenda Miller, as requested by Julia Horne, Cashier & Asst. Trust Officer.
13. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Seymour Golf Tournament Fees as presented by John Anderson.
The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed on this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour,
Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N.
Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and
said notice posted this Friday, February 14, 2020, at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary T.R.M.C.