February 8, 2021 – Special Called Meeting Minutes
Apr 26, 2021
SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING
FEBRUARY 8, 2021
A Special Called Meeting of Seymour City Council was held on Monday, February 8, 2021, at 6:00 p.m., at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, 800 E. Morris Street, Seymour Texas 76380.
Call To Order/Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik at 6:02 p.m.
Council Present: Mayor Jon Hrncirik, MPT Monty Glass, Council Member
Lan Winn, Council Member Brenda Miller, Council Member Brian Broome
and Council Member Mary K. Fair.
Counsel Present: No counsel present at this meeting.
City Staff Present: City Secretary Conchita Torrez, Lauren Bush
Guest: Jason Glass
1. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding building located at 1007
Kenning Drive, also known as Kenning Global Energy Technologies Inc.
After a lengthy discussion regarding the Pros and Cons of this agenda item, a motion was entertained by Mayor Jon Hrncirik.
Motion made by Council Member Brian Broome, seconded by MPT Monty Glass, to allow ED Director Lauren Bush to move forward with this property and find out necessary details for City Council.
1. To find out if we had true conveyance to the property at zero cost to the City of Seymour.
2. Closing Cost not to exceed more than 5K
3. Check with Carie Gwinn and find out details regarding boundary survey, and any other associated costs and inform the Council once information is received
At this time Mayor Hrncirik called for a recess at 7:05 p.m.
REGULAR MEETING CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSIONS BEGINS AT 7:35 P.M.
2. An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, Section 551.074; Personnel- City Administrator Position, reviewing two applications.
Mayor Hrncirik asked that City Council take action on Agenda Item #4.
4. Take action if any resulting from deliberation during Executive Session.
Motion made by Council Member Brian Broom,seconded by MPT Monty Glass, to re-open and accept City Administrator Position Applications, beginning February 25, 2021 through April 2, 2021. City Secretary is to call former applicants and ask if they are still interested. Motion carried with 4 yeas and 1 nay by Council Member Mary K. Fair.
MPT Monty Glass removed himself from the meeting for the Second Executive Session.
SECOND EXECUTIVE SESSION BEGINS AT 9:11 P.M.
3. An Executive Session pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, Section 551.074; Personnel- Electric Consultant for the City of Seymour Texas.
EXECUTIVE SESSION CLOSES AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES AT 9:40 P.M.
5. Take action if any resulting from deliberation during Executive Session Two.
Motion made by Council Member Brenda Miller, seconded by Council Member Brian Broome, to approve Electric Consultant Contract, with pending attorney approval for clarification regarding Nepotism Law regarding Jason Glass with the following:
1. A monthly Retainer fee of $200.00
2. 2 hours of remote telephone phone support per month
3. Any telephone calls that exceed 2 hours will be billed at $50.00 per hour.
4. On-Site assistance will be billed at $100 an hour.
Motion carried 3 yeas and 1 nay by Council Member Mary K. Fair.
6. Adjournment by Council Member Brian Broome, seconded by Council Member Brenda Miller at 9:45 p.m. Motion carried 5/0.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 18TH DAY OF FEBRUARY 2021.
MAYOR JON HRNCIRIK
CITY SECRETARY CONCHITA TORREZ,TRMC