January 18, 2018 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jan 16, 2018
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE BY MAYOR SOSOLIK:
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Josh Sosolik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve the December 12, 2017, regular meeting minutes
(b.) Accept REPORTS
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/ Salt Fork membership report
- Administrator and Supervisor reports
(c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Quarter One (1) Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- 2. Approve General Election Orders for Saturday, May 5, 2018, for the City of Seymour, Council place #1, Council place #3 and Council place #5, for a two year term.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1455, appointing Judges and Clerks for the City of Seymour General Election for Saturday, May 5, 2018.
- Discuss, consider and take action to retain the firm of Jacob and Martin, Inc., for the City of Seymour Fiscal Year 2018-2019.
- Discuss and approve the City of Seymour account payable bills paid in December 2017.
- Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Report as received from Jason Bench, R.O. Plant Supervisor.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bids received for the removal, repair and replacement of roofing at 800 E. Morris Street, Portwood Arts & Civic Center.
Booe Commercial Roofing Inc. $28,000.00 (does not include any insulation)
Guaranteed Roofing & Construction $26,700.00
Optional; install roll insulation additional $ 5,350.00
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid(s) received for the removal, repair and replacement of roofing at 110 Memorial Drive, Seymour City Pool.
Booe Commercial Roofing Inc. $11,000
(Alternate to tear off (1) layer of shingles, disposal and refelt, add $2,220.00)
Guaranteed Roofing & Construction $5,250.00
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid (s) received for the removal, repair and replacement of roofing at 700 N. Browning, City of Seymour Electric building.
Booe Commercial Roofing Inc. $20,375.00
Guaranteed Roofing & Construction $21,600.00
Optional; install roll insulation additional $ 4,350.00
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding bid(s) received for the removal, repair and replacement of roofing at 800 N. Browning, City of Seymour Street Barn building.
Booe Commercial Roofing Inc. $21,500.00
Guaranteed Roofing & Construction $19,200.00
Optional; install roll insulation additional $ 3,850.00
- Hear presentation from Mary K. Fair regarding the Baylor County Historical Museum.
- Hear update from City Administrator Steve Biedermann, regarding visit with the State Fishery Biologist at SFREC.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.071: Consultation with City Attorney regarding electrical liability for 816 N. Washington Street.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberation during Executive session.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted, Monday, the 15TH day of January, 2018 at 3:00 p.m. at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC