January 19, 2017 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jan 16, 2017
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve the Regular meeting minutes for December 15, 2016, Special Called meeting minutes for December 21, 2016 and January 11, 2017, Special Called meeting minutes.
(b.) Accept REPORTS
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/ Salt Fork membership report
(c.) Accept and approve the City of Seymour, Texas, Quarter One (1) Investment Report, as presented by the Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- 2. Approve General Election Order for Saturday, May 6, 2017, for the City of Seymour, Mayoral position, Council place #2 and Council place #4 for a Two Year Term.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1439, appointing Judges and Clerks for the City of Seymour General Election, which will be held on Saturday, May 6, 2017.
- Discuss, consider and take action on adoption of Ordinance No. 2017-01, authorizing the issuance and sale of City of Seymour, Texas Combination Tax and Surplus Revenue Certificates of Obligation, Series 2017, for water system improvements; levying an annual ad valorem tax and providing for the security for and payment of such certificates; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions relating to the subject.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1440, approving the execution and delivery of a principal forgiveness agreement with principal forgiveness relating to water system improvements; and resolving other matters relating to the subject.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1441, a resolution authorizing submission of an application to the Texas Department of Agriculture for a 2017 Program Year Texas Capital Fund infrastructure grant to construct public utility improvements in support of an economic development project proposed by a regional used farm and industrial equipment dealer and farm machinery consignment auction company.
- Discuss, consider and take action on adoption of a Citizen Participation Plan and Citizen Complaint Procedures to be followed during implementation of Texas Community Development Block Grant Program projects.
- Hear report from the following supervisors: Administration, Finance, Police Dept., Water/Sewer/RO, Electric, Street/Park, Salt Fork/Pool and Economic Development.
- Discuss, consider and take action to retain the firm of Jacob and Martin, Inc., for City of Seymour Fiscal Year 2016-2017.
- Discuss and approve account payable bills paid in December 2016, for the City of Seymour, excluding Contech Engineered Solutions Inc.
- Discuss and approve Contech Engineered Solutions Inc. bill paid in December 2016.
- Discuss, consider and take action to allow Finance Director to create a separate account for petty cash in regards to insufficient checks.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding annual agreement between City of Seymour and MHMR.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding agreement between City of Seymour and Chamber of Commerce, relating to 109 E. McLain Street.
- Discuss and remove tabled agenda item regarding the Fair Labor Standards Act Overtime Rule, from the December 15, 2016, Regular City Council Meeting.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074: Personnel matters; Fair Labor Standards Act Overtime Rule.
Executive Session closes and Executive Session Two will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074: Personnel Matters; Merit performances
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive session One.
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive session Two.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted, Monday, the 16TH day of January, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC