January 23, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jan 20, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
A Re-scheduled City Council Meeting will be held on Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. at City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Conference Room, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance led by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from Mayor Hrncirik: (At this time, Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes, please. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider approving the consent agenda as follows:
(a.) Approve re-scheduled meeting minutes for December 17, 2019
(b.) Accept Reports
1. Employee List/ Salt Fork Recreational Complex membership report
2. Administrator and Supervisor reports
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
2. Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from Glenn Tarter, Pinnacle Network Solutions.
3. Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received and presented by Kyle Barton, President of the Seymour Youth Baseball/Softball League.
4. Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation of the Seymour Police Department Racial Profiling, by Chief Mike Griffin.
5. Discuss, consider and give Economic Development Director Lauren Bush, direction regarding a Seymour Volunteer Fire Department Grant, through the Priddy Foundation.
6. Discuss, consider and re-evaluate the 2 cent reduction on electricity for the City of Seymour.
7. Approve General Election Orders for Saturday, May 2, 2020, for the City of Seymour, Council place #1, Council place #2 and Council place #5, for a two year term.
8. Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1489, appointing Judges and Clerks for the City of Seymour General Election for Saturday, May 2, 2020.
9. Discuss, consider and take action to retain the firm of Jacob and Martin, Inc., for the City of Seymour Fiscal Year 2020.
10. Discuss and approve the City of Seymour account payable bills paid in December of 2019.
11. Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received on City of Seymour vehicle in the Electric Department.
12. Discuss, consider and give Finance Director Mary Griffin direction regarding software.
Regular Meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
13. An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074: Personnel; Salt Fork/City Pool Supervisor Job description.
Executive Session closes and Executive Session two begins
14. An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074: Personnel matters; Chief of Police
Executive Session closes and Executive Session three begins
15. An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section §551.074: Personnel; Council Place #2 Vacancy
Executive Sessions close and regular meeting resumes
16. Discuss and take action regarding deliberation from executive session one.
17. Discuss and take action regarding deliberation from executive session two.
18. Discuss and take action regarding deliberation during Executive session three.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, Texas, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted, Monday, the 20th day of January, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC