July 16, 2015 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Aug 11, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- A) Approve Thursday, June 25, 2015, Regular Meeting Minutes.
- B) Accept Reports:
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank Account Summary Report
- Employee & Contract List /Salt Fork Membership Report
- C) Accept and approve the City of Seymour Quarter 3 Investment Report, as presented by Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearing begins
- A Public Hearing presented by GrantWorks presenting maps and text produced for the City’s TxCDBG Planning Study Contract No. 713124.
Public Hearing ends and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action adopting Resolution No. 1399, as required by TDA affirming review of the plan and its suitability to guide future policy decisions through the TxCDBG Planning Study Contract No. 713124.
- Discuss and hear monthly reports from the following City of Seymour Supervisors: Administration, Finance, Police Department, EDD, SFREC/Park, Emergency Management, R.O. Plant, Street, Electric, Water and Wastewater.
Remove tabled agenda items #5-6, from the June 25, 2015, Regular meeting.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the drought contingency plan and allow Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis to give City of Seymour Administrator direction regarding this matter.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding email received from Russell Roberts relating to tennis courts.
End of tabled agenda items
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid the month of June, 2015, excluding bills received from Albert Todd Hrncirik and Contech Engineered Solutions, Inc.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve bills paid to Albert Todd Hrncirik the month of June, 2015.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid the month of June, 2015, to Contech Engineered Solutions, Inc.
- Discuss, consider and take action to allow Top of Texas Seymour Pee Wee Football, to use electricity from August 29-November 19, 2015, during their home games, as requested by President Jessie Moore.
- Discuss, consider and take action to change the August Council meeting from the 20th to the 13th, due to City Secretary attending the Legislative Update Seminar in San Marcos.
REGULAR MEETING CLOSES AND EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BEGIN
- An Executive Session closed to the public and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the TLCG under §551.072; Real property- described as City of Seymour – Tennis Courts and Softball Field, located on Stadium Drive.
EXECUTIVE SESSION CLOSES AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 13th day of July, 2015 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC