July 16, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jul 10, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. at the City Hall, Seymour Auditorium, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always, he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider Approving the Consent Agenda as follows:
a) Approve meeting minutes from June 15, 2020 and June 18, 2020
b) Accept Reports
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First Bank & Trust account report summary
3. Employee & Contract List/ Salt Fork Recreational Complex Totals
4. Written reports by City Administrator and Supervisors
End of Consent Agenda
Regular meeting will close, and a Public Hearing will begin
2. The City of Seymour will conduct a Public Hearing regarding proposed changes to the current City of Seymour Zoning Administration, Fire Protection and Building and Construction Ordinance.
3. Discuss, consider, and approve Ordinance No. 2020-07, an ordinance to make changes to the current City of Seymour Zoning Administration, Fire Protection and Building and Construction Ordinance.
4. Discuss, consider, and take action from presentation by Bill Culver, regarding an update on said property located on Washington Street.
5. Discuss, consider, and take action to approve a ball tournament on Saturday, July 25-Sunday morning July 26, 2020.
6. Discuss, consider, and take action after hearing presentation from the Jr. Livestock Committee, regarding the parking lot situation at the Cliff Styles area.
7. Discuss, consider, and take action to disband the P & Z Board or appoint new members as presented by ED Director Lauren Bush.
8. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding Accounts Payable, City of Seymour bills paid the month of June 2020.
9. Discuss, consider, and take action to replace or remove speed bumps located on Custer Street.
10. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding Motor/Grader sales received in the month of March 2020, in the amount of $28,750.00 and to apply money toward the newly purchased Motor Grader outstanding debt.
11. Discuss, consider, and take action to amend Election Resolution # 1489, and to approve Resolution #1495, to change information and dates for the Seymour ISD, General Election, due to the COVID -19. Seymour ISD General Election was changed from May 2, 2020 to November 3, 2020.
12. Discuss and give direction to CA Steve Biedermann, regarding the sale of City Property located at 505 N. Stratton Street, Legal description being Lot 9, North 5 feet of Lot 8, Block 21, McLain Addition.
13. Discuss and give CA Steve Biedermann, direction regarding GO-CART TRACK.
14. Discuss, consider, and take action from information received from CA Steve Biedermann, allowing KFDX TV 3, to place weather camera on the standpipe by the SISD to track weather.
15. Discuss, consider, and take action to appoint Kenneth Moline, Dr. Larry Boyd, Jon Hrncirik, Steve Biedermann and Carl Porter to the Airport Advisory Board for a two-year term. Term ending on July 2022.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
16. An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to the Local Government Code Section 551.074; Personnel- City of Seymour Chief of Police Job Description and Duties.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
17. City Council to take action regarding deliberation from Executive Session.
18. Adjournment of meeting
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, July 10, 2020, at 4:00 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC