July 17, 2014 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jul 15, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Hines will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
A) Approve Thursday, June 19, 2014, Regular Meeting Minutes.
B) Approve City Council Report for City Bills paid in June, 2014.
C) Accept Reports:
1. Monthly Investment Report
2. First National Bank Account Summary Report
3. Employee List/Salt Fork Membership Report
4. City of Seymour Police Department
D) Accept and approve the City of Seymour Quarter 3 Investment Report, as presented by Investment Officers, for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular Meeting closes and Public Meeting/Workshop presented by GrantWorks begins.
2. Planning Workshop as part of the City’s comprehensive planning process for 2014-2024, associated with TxCDBG Planning Study Contract No. 713124. Items to be discussed include provision of services for economic development, recreation, water, wastewater, drainage and streets, as well as housing conditions and land use and zoning patterns.
Public Meeting /Planning Workshop ends and Regular meeting resumes.
3. Discuss, consider and take action (if any) regarding the Planning Workshop/Public Hearing for Contract No. 713124.
4. Hear presentation from Steve Moffitt, with Schneider Engineering, Ltd., regarding AEP Contract extension evaluation and give City Administrator John Studer direction.
- Hear presentation from Steve Moffitt, with Schneider Engineering, Ltd., regarding Congestion hedging management for 2015 evaluation, and give City Administrator John Studer direction.
6. Hear monthly report from Economic Development Director Lauren Bush.
7. Discuss, consider and seek direction on Ordinance presented by Sid Winn, authorizing the assessment and collection of fees for certain services provided by the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department at vehicle fires, vehicle collisions, hazardous material spills, rescue incidents, Wildland Fires, structural fires and rescue incidents.
8. Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received from SVFD President Sid Winn, in regards to proposed changes relating to Local Retirement Contributions, Section 310.6.
- Discuss, consider and give City Administrator John Studer direction regarding city property located at 707 N. Tackitt.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 14th day of July , 2014 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC