July 20, 2017 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jul 18, 2017
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, July 20, 2017 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Josh Sosolik
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Sosolik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/ or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- A) Approve Thursday, June 15, 2017, Regular Meeting Minutes and Thursday, June 22, 2017, Special Called Meeting Minutes.
- B) Accept Reports:
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank Account Summary Report
- Employee & Contract List /Salt Fork Membership Report
- Written reports from City Administrator and Supervisors
- C) Accept and approve the City of Seymour Quarter 3 Investment Report, as presented by Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Installation Bids received for the City of Seymour Sewer System Improvement Project #7216411, on July 14, 2017.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Material Bids received for the City of Seymour Sewer System Improvement Project #7216411, on July 14, 2017.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from Gerald Moore in relation to Golf Cart Ordinance No. 2016-05.
- City Administrator Steve Biedermann will discuss and review the permitted use of Agriculture/Ranch Use in Residential Zoned Areas. (No action will be taken on this agenda item)
- Discuss, consider and take action to change the August 17, 2017, Regular Council Meeting, to August 24, 2017.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid the month of June, 2017.
- Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Level Report as presented in graph form by Water Production Supervisor Jason Bench.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday the 17th day of July, 2017 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC