July 20, 2021 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jul 16, 2021
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Re-scheduled Regular City Council Meeting, Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 7:00 P.M. at 800 E. Morris Street, Portwood Art & Civic Center, Seymour, Texas 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
1. Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
2. Announcements from the Mayor:
Upcoming Council Meetings:
a. July 20, 2021 Regular Called Meeting 7:00 p.m.
b. July 27, 2021 Special Called Meeting 7:00 p.m.
c. August 5, 2021 Special Called Meeting 7:00 p.m.
d. August 26, 2021 Regular Called Meeting 5:00 p.m.
3. Citizen’s Comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your commentsfor a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
4. City Administrator Jeffrey Brasher Ed.D, will present award to a City of Seymour department and employee.
5. Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
a) Approve meeting minutes from June 10, 2021, June 15, 2021, June 17, 2021, June 29, 2021.
b) Monthly Investment Report
c.) Peoples Bank Texas account report summary
d.) Employee & Contract List/ Salt Fork Golf totals (100 members)
e.) Written reports by City Administrator and Supervisors
f.) Approve accounts payable bills for the month of June 2021
g.) Appoint Jeffrey Brasher, City Administrator to the Seymour Municipal Airport Advisory Board.
6.City Secretary Conchita Torrez to appoint Jeffrey Brasher, Ed.D, to the Airport Advisory Board
7. Public Hearings
a. The City of Seymour to hold a Final Public Hearing regarding PINNACLE requesting a Specific User Permit, concerning Parcel 38329, Lots 3-7, Block 1, of the McCord Addition in Seymour, Texas.
b. The City of Seymour to hold a Final Public Hearing regarding Loy Studer requesting a Specific Use Permit, concerning Lot 13, Block 18 of the Original Seymour Addition, comprised of .1 acres in Seymour, Texas. Property also known as 201 N. East Street.
c. The City of Seymour to hold a Final Public Hearing regarding Danny Hrncirik requesting a Re-Zone Request, concerning Lots 7-10, Block 30 of the Original Seymour Addition, comprised of .643 acres in Seymour, Texas. Property also known as 406 S. Tackitt Street, this will change from a B-1 to a B-2.
d. The City of Seymour to hold a Public Hearing regarding an application for a Specific Use Permit from Jessie Moore, concerning Lots 7-12, Block 3 of the Original Seymour Addition of Seymour, Texas, also known as 221 S. Main Street. This permit would issue a Salvage, Wreck, Junk and Scrap permit to the requestor.
8. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Specific Use Permit for PINNACLE.
9. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding Specific Use Permit for Loy Studer, for property at 201 N. East Street.
10. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding Re-zone request from Danny Hrncirik, for property located at 406 S. Tackitt Street.
11. Discuss, consider, and take action regarding The American Rescue Plan, by authorizing the City of Seymour to issue requests for proposals (RFP) for administrative services and requests for qualifications (RFQs) for professional services for the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
12. Adjournment of meeting
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, July 15, 2021, at 5:30 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC