July 21, 2016 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jul 19, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, July 21, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizens questions and/ or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and speak directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- A) Approve Thursday, June 16, 2016, Regular Meeting Minutes.
- B) Accept Reports:
- Monthly Investment Report
- First National Bank Account Summary Report
- Employee & Contract List /Salt Fork Membership Report
- C) Accept and approve the City of Seymour Quarter 3 Investment Report, as presented by Investment Officers.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Hear monthly reports from City of Seymour Supervisors: Administration, Finance, Electric, Water/Sewer/RO, Street/Park, Emergency Management, Salt Fork/Pool and EDD.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding a Nortex Economic Disaster Recovery Plan, as presented by EDD Lauren Bush.
Regular meeting closes and Public Hearing will begin
- A Public Hearing regarding the rezoning request of property owner John E. Nelson. Property described as 705 E. Nevada Street, Lots 4,5,6 and the W92’ of Lots 7,8, 9, and 10 of block 17, McLain Addition.
Public Hearing closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the rezone request from property owner John E. Nelson. Property described as 705 E. Nevada Street.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Energy “Request for Proposals” and Transmission Operator Issues with Ercot and the Public Utilities Commission as presented by Steve Moffitt.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1420, Personnel Policy Manual, repealing Resolution No. 1418, section regarding PERSONAL APPEARANCE.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding HOME Grant Resolution No. 1421, presented by Mr. Gary Smith, with GrantWorks.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Resolution No. 1422, adopting a Language Accessibility Plan as presented by Gary Smith, with GrantWorks.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid the month of June, 2016.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the City of Seymour, Sewer Plant Rehab project as presented by City Administrator Steve Biedermann.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under Section § 551.074, Personnel Matter – Complaints regarding City Administrator from Jennifer and Kenneth Hons.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action resulting from deliberations during Executive Session.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this, Monday, the 18th day of July, 2016 at 4:00 p.m., at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC