July 27, 2017 – City Council Special Called Meeting Minutes
Aug 31, 2017
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL CALLED/BUDGET WORKSHOP
JULY 27, 2017
A Special Called Meeting and Budget Workshop was held on Thursday, July 27, 2017, at 6:00 p.m. at Seymour City Hall, Conference Room, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, TX 76380.
Mayor Josh Sosolik called the meeting to order, roll call and Pledge of Allegiance at 6:00 p.m.
Council present: Mayor Josh Sosolik, Council members Les Hons, MPT Jon Hrncirik, Mary K. Fair and Monty Glass.
Council absent: Paula K. Vaden
Counsel present: City Attorney Jonathan Whitsitt was not present at this meeting.
City Staff: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez and Finance Director Mary Griffin.
Guest: No guest present at this meeting.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding an easement request on an unopened part of 10th Street for the encroachments located North of the residence at 908 N. Plainview Road, by property owner Vickie McMorris.
Mrs. Elizabeth Hostas, requested an easement to the unopened part of 10th Street regarding 908 N. Plainview Road. This property belongs to Vickie McMorris.
A motion by Council member Les Hons, second by MPT Jon Hrncirik to allow an easement for 908 N. Plainview Road. Motion passes unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding computer contract between the City of Seymour and Clayton Miller.
City Administrator Steve Biedermann presented this contract to the Mayor and City Council. Clayton Miller is the City of Seymour’s IT person and requested 100 work hours at $60 per hour. A motion was entertained.
Motion made by MPT Jon Hrncirik, second by Council member Monty Glass to accept IT Contract with Clayton Miller for 100 hours at $60 per hour. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding a Letter of Intent for the City of Seymour Police Department, for the purpose of budgeting funds needed to apply for grant application for 3 police vehicles.
The Seymour Police Department is in the process of applying for a car grant. The City of Seymour would apply for three police vehicles.
Motion by Council member Les Hons, second by Council member Monty Glass to allow Steve Biedermann to provide a Letter of Intent for the Seymour Police Department. Motion passed unanimously.
Recess was called at 6:14 p.m. by Mayor Sosolik.
Council member Paula K. Vaden arrives at 6:15 p.m.
Recess closes at 6:26 p.m.
- Seymour City Council Members will discuss and review the First Budget draft for the City of Seymour, Fiscal Year 2017-2018, as proposed by City Staff. City Council may direct modifications to proposed budget document.
Finance Director Mary Griffin presented the Mayor and City Council with the budget draft. This draft gives the Mayor and City Council the opportunity to see each department’s financial state in their respective department and go over their line items. No decisions are made at this point.
- Adjournment by MPT Jon Hrncirik, second by Council member Monty Glass to adjourn meeting at 9:15 p.m.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 24TH DAY OF AUGUST, 2017.
Mayor Josh Sosolik
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary, TRMC