June 16, 2016 – City Council Agenda
Jul 19, 2016
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as she deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- a) Approve Thursday, May 26, 2016, Regular Meeting Minutes
- b) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- 1st National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee & Contract List/ SFRE Membership Total
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearings begin
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding the annual Water Quality Report for 2015, as provided to all customers in the June 7, 2016, City Utility bill and published in the Baylor County BANNER, as required by Texas Commission Environmental Quality.
Public Hearing One closes and second one begins
- Conduct a Public Hearing with Jacob & Martin, Ltd., regarding a Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan.
Public Hearing Closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the annual Water Quality Report for 2015, as provided to all customers in the June 7, 2016, City Utility bill.
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2016-08, regarding Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan as presented by Jacob & Martin, Ltd.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from Mr. Danny Barrett, representative from Texas Communities Group.
- Discuss and hear monthly reports from City of Seymour Department Supervisors: Administration, Financial, R.O. Plant, Police Dept., Electric, Emergency Management, Street/Park, EDD, Water/Sewer and Salt Fork Complex/Pool.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in May, 2016.
- Discuss, consider and take action from bids received on property located at 602 S. Washington Street.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, June 10, 2016, by 3:00 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC