June 16, 2016 – City Council Meeting Minutes
Jul 22, 2016
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
JUNE 16, 2016
A Regular City Council Meeting was held on Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380.
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis at 7:00 p.m.
Council present: Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis, Council members Les Hons, Jon Hrncirik, Mary K. Fair and MPT Monty Glass.
Council absent: Council member David Horton
Counsel present: City Attorney Cindy Ayres
City Staff present: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez, Finance Director Mary Griffin, Supervisors Adam Sturgeon, Robert Torrez, EDD Lauren Bush and EMC Billy Henderson.
Guest: Charles Keith, Danny and Mindy Barrett
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR:
The Seymour Police Department will hold a Rabies Clinic at the Seymour Fire Hall on Friday, June 17 and June 24, 2016.
A Downtown Meet & Greet, Farmers Market and Flair will take place downtown on Saturday, June 18, 2016.
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS:
No one spoke during questions or comments
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- a) Approve Thursday, May 26, 2016, Regular Meeting Minutes
- b) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- 1st National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee & Contract List/ SFRE Membership Total
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
Motion made by Council member Jon Hrncirik, second by Council member Les Hons, to approve the Consent Agenda as presented by City Secretary Conchita Torrez. Motion passed unanimously.
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearings begin at 7:05 p.m.
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding the annual Water Quality Report for 2015, as provided to all customers in the June 7, 2016, City Utility bill and published in the Baylor County BANNER, as required by Texas Commission Environmental Quality.
Public Hearing regarding the annual Water Quality Report was presented by City Administrator Steve Biedermann. Mr. Biedermann explained that the report is a requirement by TCEQ and is mailed to all customers with their June city utility bill.
The information given is a summary of the monthly reports that are completed by the Water/RO department.
No one spoke for or against the Water Quality Report.
Public Hearing One closes and second one begins at 7:06 p.m.
- Conduct a Public Hearing with Jacob & Martin, Ltd., regarding a Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan.
Charles Keith, representing Jacob & Martin, Ltd., spoke regarding the Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan. This plan was revised by Jacob & Martin staff and is reviewed every 5 years. Our Drought Contingency Plan will remain at stage 3 until further review by Mayor and City Council. A copy may be requested at City Hall if a customer chooses to know the requirements and rules for stage 3.
No one spoke for or against the Water and Drought Contingency Plan.
Public Hearing Closes and Regular Meeting resumes at 7:12 p.m.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the annual Water Quality Report for 2015, as provided to all customers in the June 7, 2016, City Utility bill.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Les Hons, to approve the Water Quality Report, 2015, as provided to all customers in the June 7, 2016, City Utility bill. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and approve Ordinance No. 2016-08, regarding Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan as presented by Jacob & Martin, Ltd.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Mary K. Fair, to approve the Water Conservation and Drought Contingency Plan as presented by Charles Keith with Jacob & Martin, Ltd., . Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding presentation from Mr. Danny Barrett, representative from Texas Communities Group.
The Texas Community Group, a privately owned business, gave a presentation to the City Council during a regularly scheduled meeting held on June 16, 2016. The presentation concerned the services that the business could provide in regards to the acquisition and sale of trust properties, delinquent properties and properties held by the Baylor County Appraisal District. Items discussed in detail were the interlocal agreements they would make between the City’s taxing entities as well as advertising involving the sale of these properties. The council agreed to postpone any decisions made in regards to entering into a contractual agreement with the Texas Communities Group until the City Attorney and all taxing entities could evaluate their services.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Les Hons, to table this agenda item, and to allow City Attorney to review this contract. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss and hear monthly reports from City of Seymour Department Supervisors: Administration, Financial, R.O. Plant, Police Dept., Electric, Emergency Management, Street/Park, EDD, Water/Sewer and Salt Fork Complex/Pool.
City Administrator gave the administration, electric, Seymour Police Department and SFREC and Pool report, as supervisors were not in attendance at the Council meeting.
All other supervisors gave their respective reports for the month of May, 2015.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in May, 2016.
After reviewing the city bills that were paid in the month of May, 2016, a motion was made by Council member Les Hons, second by MPT Monty Glass to accept the city bills as presented by City Staff. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action from bids received on property located at 602 S. Washington Street.
City Administrator Steve Biedermann explained to Mayor and City Council that bid requirements were placed in the BANNER. The deadline to submit a bid for 602 S. Washington Street was June 16, 2016, at 3:00 p.m. No bids were received on this property
Therefore, no action is required on this agenda item. The City of Seymour will retain property until further notice.
- Adjournment by MPT Monty Glass, second by Council member Les Hons to adjourn meeting at 9:03 p.m. Motion passed unanimously.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 21st DAY OF JULY, 2016.
Mayor Nan Gilbert- Mathis
City Secretary, Conchita Torrez, TRMC