June 18, 2020 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jun 12, 2020
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 7:00 P.M. at the Seymour Auditorium, 301 N. Washington Street, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
July 4, 2020 Proclamation read by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
1. Consider Approving the Consent Agenda as follows:
a) Approve meeting minutes from May 221, 2020
b) Accept Reports
1. Monthly Investment Report- September 2019 through May 2020
2. First Bank & Trust account report summary
3. Employee & Contract List/ Salt Fork Recreational Complex Membership Total
4. Written reports by City Administrator and Supervisors
5. City of Seymour Quarterly Reports for Oct. -Dec. 2019 & Jan. -March 2020
End of Consent Agenda
2. Mayor Hrncirik to swear in Ericka Sturgeon as the Municipal Court Clerk.
Regular meeting will close and Executive Session will begin
3. An Executive Session closed to the public and pursuant to the Local Government Code, Section 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under Section 551.01; Consultation with City Attorney regarding Gun Range Property.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting will resume
4. Discuss and take action regarding deliberations from Executive Session.
Regular meeting closes to begin a Public Hearing at this time
5. The City of Seymour to hold a Public Hearing regarding the closure of Kile Street, as requested by owner Rodney Janes at 404 W. Custer.
Public hearing closes and Regular meeting will resume
6. Discuss and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2020-06, to close and abandon Kile Street as requested per owner Rodney Janes at 404 W. Custer Street.
7. Motion to remove tabled agenda item from May 21, 2020 Regular City Council Meeting, on whether to raise Electric Power Cost Factor to .085 or leave as .065.
8. Discuss and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2020-04, regarding the Electric Power Cost Factor.
9. Review update information received from Chamber of Commerce Executive Director Samantha Castilleja.
10. Discuss and approve City of Seymour Accounts Payable bills paid the month of May 2020.
11. Discuss and take action regarding information received from Economic Development Director, Lauren Bush on Kenning Global building located at 1007 Kenning Drive.
12. Discuss and give direction to Economic Development Director Lauren Bush on Zoning Administration, Fire Protection and Construction Codes, regarding changes presented.
13. Discuss and give direction to City Administrator Steve Biedermann, regarding the selling of Electric Department 1978 Ford Pickup.
14. City Council to give direction to City Administrator regarding the old decorative street lights that were removed and replaced.
15. Adjournment of meeting
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, 12 2020, at 4:00 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC