June 19, 2014 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jun 17, 2014
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Hines will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
a) Approve Thursday, May 15, 2014, Regular Meeting Minutes and Monday, May 19, 2014, Special Called Meeting Minutes.
b) Approve the City Council Report for City Bills paid in May, 2014.
c) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- 1st National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee List/ SFRE Membership Total
- City of Seymour Police Report
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss and hear monthly report from Economic Development Director Lauren Bush.
REGULAR MEETING ENDS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS BEGIN
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding the annual Water Quality Report for the year 2013, as provided to all customers in their June 7, 2014, City Utility Bill, and published in the Baylor County Banner as required by Texas Commission Environmental Quality.
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding the Texas Department of Agriculture’s Community Development Block Grant and Texas Capital Fund Programs.
PUBLIC HEARINGS END AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
5. Discuss, consider and take action to approve the annual Water Quality Report for the year 2013, as provided to utility customers in their June 7, 2014, City Utility Bill, as required by TCEQ on an annual basis.
6. Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1384, a resolution of the City of Seymour, Texas, modifying the boundaries of the Historic Commercial District as originally adopted in 2005.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1385, a resolution of the City of Seymour, Texas, that designates Historic Commercial District as slum/blighted and in need of improvements.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1386, a resolution of the City of Seymour, Texas, that authorizes submission of an application to the Texas Department of Agriculture for a 2014 Texas Capital Fund- Downtown Revitalization Program grant to construct sidewalk and handicap-accessibility improvements in the designated Historic Commercial District.
- Discuss, consider and take action to appoint a council member to represent the City of Seymour on the Baylor County Appraisal District Board of Directors.
10. Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received concerning the Seymour Municipal Airport program.
11. Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received from Baylor Water Supply, and give City Administrator John Studer direction.
12. Discuss, consider and take action regarding Salt Fork River Estates Complex Pool.
13. Discuss, consider and give City Administrator direction regarding the demolition of
houses listed as follows: 305 ½ E. Miller Street, 302 N. Tackitt Street, 304 S. Stratton Street, 501 E. Campbell Street, 811 N. Tackitt Street, 1200 block of N. Browning Street and 509 E. Miller Street.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2014-05, amending Fiscal Budget Year 2013-2014, as a change in the budget and providing for severability.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the Memorandum of Agreement between the City of Seymour and the Helen Farabee Center effective September 1, 2014 through August 31, 2015.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from Rodney Hrncirik and on behalf of Busted in Baylor County Organization, to use the Portwood Softball Complex to host a tournament on June 20th and 21st.
17. Discuss, consider and take action regarding AEP Proposal to take care of congestion charges per annual review.
18. Discuss, consider and take action regarding information on a Scada System for water wells.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding video equipment to use for well casings on water wells #1through #5.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday, June 16, 2014, by 4:00 p.m. at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC