June 20, 2019 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jun 14, 2019
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Mayor Jon Hrncirik to administer Statement of Elected Officer and Oath of Office to Brian Broome for City Council Place #3, a one year un-expired term.
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Hrncirik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider Approving the Consent Agenda as follows:
- a) Approve meeting minutes from May 23, 2019 and June 4, 2019.
- b) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- First Bank & Trust account report summary
- Employee & Contract List/ SFRE Membership Total
- Written reports by City Administrator and Supervisors
End of Consent Agenda
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in the month of May, 2019.
- Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Levels Report as presented by City Administrator Steve Biedermann.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the purchase of microphones for the City Council to use at the Portwood Art & Civic Center, during City Council meetings.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding an update on credit card information and giving City Administrator Steve Biedermann direction, regarding this agenda item.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the increase of water tokens from 10 to 30 a week.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding CPA Bid notice.
- Discuss, consider and give direction regarding a name change for Salt Fork River Estates Complex.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding City Hall cleaning bids received from the following:
Marlen Rodriguez $350.00 monthly
Mary Moore $600.00 monthly
Ashley Ross $325.00 bi-weekly
Catlin Donnell $700.00 monthly
Julie Daniel $600.00 monthly
Vickie Clower $975.00 monthly
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve the City of Seymour City Council Standards of Conduct Code.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding a Tower Access Agreement, between the City of Seymour and AMA Communications, LLC.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Plainview Road repairs, with Street Supervisor Shawn Sanchez.
- Discuss, consider and take action to change the July 18, 2019, to July 25, 2019, in order for City Council to attend a TML Region 5 Meeting in Wichita Falls, Texas.
- Discuss, consider and approve Resolution No. 1482, a budget transfer for major improvements from other line items to increase SFREC line item budget for improvements.
Regular meeting closes and Executive Session will begin
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Local Government Code 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Personnel regarding Salt Fork River Estates Complex.
Executive Session closes and Regular meeting resumes
- Take action regarding deliberation from executive session.
- Adjournment of meeting
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Friday, 14, 2019, at 4:30 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC