June 21, 2018 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jun 18, 2018
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
Call to Order, Roll Call and Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Josh Sosolik
Announcements from the Mayor: (At this time, Mayor Josh Sosolik will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always he may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
Citizen’s questions and/or comments: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
Consent Agenda: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- Consider Approving the Consent Agenda as follows:
- a) Approve Thursday, May 17, 2018, Regular Meeting Minutes
- b) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- First Bank & Trust account report summary
- Employee & Contract List/ SFRE Membership Total
- Written reports by City Administrator and Supervisors
End of Consent Agenda
- Discuss and take action on presentation from AMERESCO Representative George Rash.
Regular Meeting closes and Public Hearing begin
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding request of Daniel Huskamp, for re-zoning of Lots 11 &12, Block 30, of the Original Seymour Addition, located on 310 E. Ingram Street, zoning change to be considered is from a B-1 Commercial to a B-2 Commercial Zone.
Public Hearing closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Ordinance No. 2018-04, an ordinance to change 310 E. Ingram Street, from a B-1 Commercial to a B-2 Commercial Zone, per request of Daniel Huskamp.
- Discuss and hear annual update from Royce Stallcup, regarding the Harris Land.
- Discuss and re-visit the Portwood Pavilion Baseball Park, and consider the request of the Seymour Youth Softball Association, to make improvements to said park.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in the month of May, 2018.
- Discuss and review the City of Seymour Water Well Levels Report.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve Resolution No. 1467, a resolution to amend the operating budget for Fiscal Year 2017-2018, a one time budget adjustment for municipal purposes regarding the Seymour Police Department for a Code Enforcement/Animal Control pickup, in the amount of $11,928.00.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve TXDOT Aviation Ramp Grant Funding.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding letter of resignation from City of Seymour Mayor Josh Sosolik.
Regular Meeting will close and Executive Session(s) will begin.
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code, under §551.071; Consultation with City Attorney regarding Louis Johnson Auditorium.
Executive Session closes and Executive Session Two begins
- An Executive Session (closed to the public) and pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Local Government Code under §551.074; Discussion regarding Mayor Position.
Executive Session closes and Regular Meeting resumes
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberation from consultation with City Attorney regarding the Louis Johnson Auditorium.
- Discuss and take action regarding deliberation on Mayor position.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday, by 4:30 p.m. at least 72 hours preceding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC