June 25, 2015 – City Council Meeting Agenda
Jun 23, 2015
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
PUBLIC NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Regular City Council Meeting, Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 7:00 P.M. at the Portwood Arts and Civic Center, 800 E. Morris, Seymour, TX 76380. All notices have been duly posted in accordance and conformance with the Government Code of the State of Texas, Section 551.002(c). The City of Seymour attempts to make its meetings accessible to all of its citizens. If you have need of auxiliary aids, please notify the ADA Coordinator at 889-3148, at least 48 hours in advance. The following agenda will be considered:
CALL TO ORDER / ROLL CALL / PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM THE MAYOR: (At this time, Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis will make announcements as related to the events of the previous weeks. As always she may make any rearrangements to the order of items on this agenda as he deems prudent in the interest of time).
CITIZENS QUESTIONS AND / OR COMMENTS: (At this time, interested citizens are encouraged to indicate their interest in speaking, and upon being recognized by the Mayor, approach the podium to express your comments. Please speak clearly and directly into the microphone. Citizens may speak on any matter other than personnel matters or matters under litigation, for a length of time not to exceed five minutes. Neither Council action nor discussion may take place on any matter, until such matter has been placed on an agenda and posted in accordance with law.)
CONSENT AGENDA: (Items listed under the Consent Agenda are considered routine and are generally enacted in one motion. The exception to this rule is that a Council Member may request one or more items to be removed from the Consent Agenda for separate discussion and action.)
- CONSIDER APPROVING THE CONSENT AGENDA AS FOLLOWS:
- a) Approve Thursday, May 21, 2015, Regular Meeting Minutes and Friday, June 5, 2015, Special Called Meeting Minutes.
- b) Accept Reports
- Monthly Investment Report
- 1st National Bank accounts report summary
- Employee & Contract List/ SFRE Membership Total
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
- Discuss, consider and take action from presentation received from Mark Buckingham and Paul Baker with Brazos Electric Cooperative regarding power transmission line re-routes.
- Discuss and hear monthly reports from City of Seymour Department Supervisors: Administration, Financial, R.O. Plant, Police Dept., Electric, Emergency Management, Street, EDD, Water/Sewer and Salt Fork Complex/Park.
REGULAR MEETING ENDS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS BEGIN
- Conduct a Public Hearing regarding the annual Water Quality Report for the year 2014, as provided to all customers in their June 7, 2015, City Utility Bill, and published in the Baylor County Banner as required by Texas Commission Environmental Quality.
PUBLIC HEARINGS END AND REGULAR MEETING RESUMES
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve the annual Water Quality Report for the year 2014, as provided to utility customers in their June 7, 2015, City Utility Bill, as required by TCEQ on an annual basis.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve City of Seymour bills paid in May, 2015, excluding bills received from Albert Todd Hrncirik, Contech Solutions, Inc., and Greg Shumate.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve bills paid in May, 2015, to Albert Todd Hrncirik.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve bills paid in May, 2015, to Contech Solutions, Inc.
- Discuss, consider and take action to approve bills paid in May, 2015, to Greg Shumate.
- Discuss, consider and take action on request from Russell Roberts regarding tennis court.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding variance request from Jake Willden on location at 401 W. California Street.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding Alumni Reinvestment Program.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the creation of a Seymour Area Business Association.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the membership approvals of the Go Texan, ARCIT and Texas Downtown Association.
- Discuss, consider and take action to discuss the drought contingency plan and allow Mayor Nan Gilbert-Mathis to give City of Seymour direction regarding this matter.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the approval of a Specific Use Permit, in reference to the Comprehensive Plan, Zoning Ordinance, Volume 4.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding the purchasing of a mower for Salt Fork River Estates Complex.
Note: The Council reserves the right to vote or to act in open session upon any of the items listed in this agenda.
I, the undersigned authority, do hereby certify the above notice of the meeting of the City Council of the City of Seymour, Texas is a true and correct copy of the said notice that I posted on the official posting place(s) at Seymour City Hall, 301 North Washington Street, Seymour, TX, a place of convenience and readily accessible to the general public at all times, and said notice posted this Monday, June 22, 2015, by 4:00 p.m. at least 72 hours proceeding the meeting time.
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary- TRMC