June 4, 2019 – Special Called Meeting Minutes
Jun 25, 2019
CITY OF SEYMOUR CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL CALLED MEETING MINUTES
JUNE 4, 2019
A Special Called Meeting of City Council was held on Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at 6:00 p.m., at City Hall, Conference Room, 301 N. Washington Street.
Call to Order/Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance by Mayor Jon Hrncirik at 6:01 p.m.
Council present: Mayor Jon Hrncirik, MPT Monty Glass, Lan Winn,
Paula K. Vaden and Mary K. Fair.
Counsel present: City Attorney Jonathan Whitsitt was not present at this meeting.
City Staff: City Administrator Steve Biedermann, City Secretary Conchita Torrez and Finance Director Mary Griffin.
Guest(s): Deana Thetford
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding budget Resolution No. 1481, a budget adjustment for the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department, to purchase a Chassis , for their rescue truck, in the amount of $20,000.00.
Fire Chief Les Hons explained to the Mayor and City Council that this is a much needed piece of equipment for the Seymour Volunteer Fire Department. This is a $63K cost and the County has agreed to pay $20k, the City of Seymour $20k and the fire department will pay the remaining $23k.
Motion made by MPT Monty Glass, second by Councilmember Paula K. Vaden, to approve budget Resolution No. 1481, to purchase a Chassis, for their rescue truck, in the amount of $20K. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding request from BIBC (Busted in Baylor Co.) to use the Portwood Softball Field on June 28 and 29, 2019, for a softball tournament.
Motion made by Councilmember Paula K. Vaden, second by MPT Monty Glass, to allow Busted in Baylor Co. to use the Portwood Softball Field on June 28-29, 2019. Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding SFREC Golf Fees for City Employees.
Motion made by Councilmember Paula K. Vaden, second by MPT Monty Glass, to approve for City of Seymour Employees to join the Salt Fork River Estates Complex Golf membership at a discounted amount.
The following discount amounts were discussed and approved for employees:
$10.00 discount if paid by cash or check
$15.00 discount if paid by draft or payroll deduction
Motion passed unanimously.
- Discuss, consider and take action regarding information received on Dual Utility Zone.
After a lengthy discussion, a motion was entertained.
Motion made by Councilmember Mary K. Fair, second by Councilmember Lan Winn, to allow City Administrator Steve Biedermann to send information to our attorney to proceed with PUC as well. Motion passed unanimously.
- Adjournment of meeting by MPT Glass, second by Councilmember Winn at 7:09 p.m. Motion passed unanimously.
PASSED AND APPROVED ON THIS THE 20TH DAY OF JUNE, 2019.
Mayor Jon Hrncirik
Conchita Torrez, City Secretary -TRMC